Reconnecting fan in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The ceiling in my bathroom is tung and groove with 3 downlighters and a pull cord switch

There is a 4-inch fan connected to a switched fuse spur, which I have ascertained with a continuity test.

However it lacks a supply, which I assume was disconnected when the downlighters were installed.

To rectify this is it a simple matter of finding the end of the line and running a bit of 1.5 from this to the spur?

Sponsored Links
Where is the fan in relation to the bath and shower?

It might have been disconnected because it was not in a safe place and is not permitted there.

The fan is above the toilet, 1.8m from the shower screen and the isolator is on the adjacent wall 2m from the floor and 1m from the corner meeting the wall where the fan is placed, does this help

Sponsored Links
I don't know as it hasn't worked since I moved in, I just got round to investigating why it doesn't work.

It doesn't have any seperate transformer units if that helps?

The cable goes from the supply side of the switched fuse spur direct to the fan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back