Reduce Voting age to 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Anyone got a16 year old “ish” child ?

18 is too low to vote in my opinion. 21 when you’ve got life experience and know something about the world.

Cvan’t drive, can’t drink, but fck yeah! Make a difference to the political climate.

Sponsored Links
Are they capable of paying tax?

But not allowed to have a view on it.

Perhaps education should include more of what the world is about to help prepare them. Its never a simple answer to any situation. But if you want to tax someone they should have some choices too.

Or maybe raise tax threshold to age 18 instead
Swerves again.

My point unless you’re too dim, is kids aren’t mature enough to vote at 16 regardless of their tax paying position.

Off you pop mate. You’ve never won an argument. And I’ve a nice wine to un cork.

Swerves again.

My point unless you’re too dim, is kids aren’t mature enough to vote at 16 regardless of their tax paying position.

Off you pop mate. You’ve never won an argument. And I’ve a nice wine to un cork.
So you are happy to tax people and not give them a say

And you think that's a winning argument?

Best you go and drink your wine. Enjoy it

Swerved again!

Keep up the good work.
Not a swerve.

Taxation is necessary. But it comes with a burden, allowing people to have a choice. Something you don't want others to have.

Either vote younger or tax later.

Not a swerve.

Taxation is necessary. But it comes with a burden, allowing people to have a choice. Something you don't want others to have.

Either vote younger or tax later.
That’s your opinion. And nothing more.

A 16 year old fresh from school shouldn’t be allowed to vote as they aren’t mature enough.

That’s your opinion.
What. Not allowing others to have a choice even though they pay tax ?

Or scared they have a "wrong" opinion because its not the same as yours ?

You do realise how condescending you are ?

Go and open your wine

Are they capable of paying tax?

But not allowed to have a view on it.

Perhaps education should include more of what the world is about to help prepare them. Its never a simple answer to any situation. But if you want to tax someone they should have some choices too.

Or maybe raise tax threshold to age 18 instead
When I was being educated in the fifties I noticed the shift too politicizing our education system in the sixties, it occurred to me at that age I was being educated politically in the benefits of liberal idealism.
Being given a vote would have been meaningless as the agenda was set in stone then as it is now. Blows the sh*t out of the water about tax without representation.
By all means give them the vote at sixteen it doesn't mean they won't join the ranks of cynics on the daily mail comments section where the scales have been removed from their eyes

What. Not allowing others to have a choice even though they pay tax ?

Or scared they have a "wrong" opinion because its not the same as yours ?

You do realise how condescending you are ?

Go and open your wine
No, I’m well balanced.

Try it

When I was being educated in the fifties I noticed the shift too politicizing our education system in the sixties, it occurred to me at that age I was being educated politically in the benefits of liberal idealism.
Being given a vote would have been meaningless as the agenda was set in stone then as it is now. Blows the sh*t out of the water about tax without representation.
By all means give them the vote at sixteen it doesn't mean they won't join the ranks of cynics on the daily mail comments section when the scales have been removed from their eyes
I'm not even bothered which way they vote, or if they change views after time, or don't even bother voting.

But if you tax someone, they should be allowed a say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back