Regional Assemblies.

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
D

david and julie

What happen's next?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3979549.stm

Bearing in mind the regions are European policy?

I personally find it welcoming, and hope it is a start to people seeing the light about the true cost of over Government.

Tone must also be scratching his head in regard to a referendum on the Euro too.

It is also very nice to see the arrogant fat controller eating humble pie.

Sponsored Links
Devolution of England?! Perhaps we should go back to Saxon kingdoms: I live in Mercia, I believe. :D

All this will do is create more men in suits and increase council tax.

To pay for them.Dont you think there is enough people in council already without adding more lazing clockwatching staff.

talking of council tax did you know that my local council pays my mate £650 a month TO RENT HIS HOUSE? AND THEY INSTALLED GAS CENTRAL HEATING FOR FREE? to keep the house for another 12 months know wonder the council tax goes up each year.

good on his part though

Tony6.. is your mates house one of them they keep empty, ready for asylum seekers?

Sponsored Links
My sister next door neighbour landlord been told by the council you would get more money if you house asylum seekers instead and that's what he's now doing, have given the ex-clients 6 months notice to get out.

This place is mental :eek: no wonder 150 000 english are leaving these shores each year. Soon there won't be an english man left

And yet the population is showing slight increases, of around 0.4% PA.

Problem is the ones going are skilled/professional or can afford to go.

Somehow I can't see any other country giving me housing/food/healthcare etc, for nothing.

The 'North Poll' Just shows what sort of research voluminous Johnno carries out !! Wet finger wave in the air ... scratch a rse ... And instigate another looney idea .. Surely such a mammoth losing vote on that Regional Assembly issue, he solidly backed, must tell him something ? .... That something we already know ?
But then, does he care ?
Maybe we should be voting on many other issues too !! I bet old Tone's cheeks clenched a little tighter when he saw the results of the mini referenda !!

Better add 'North Poll' to the WMD debacle.
The Speed Camera safety panacea too !!

What a lot of rubbish info the Govn are being fed .. worse thing is 'they believe it !' --- No it isn't !! Worse still, they think we cannot see that they believe it !!

P

The house is not kept empty .

He has local people staying in it .People that cant afford to buy there own home people that can no longer get council houses to start them off in life as the government sold them off.how mad is that! They sell them off .only to find there is a house shortage ??so we put the council tax to pay lanlords load of dosh ? to house them.

Im sure you have to be a working man to run the country not a not a brain surgeon?

Its good to get it out of your system

There you go pipme

Got it wrong as again ,when will you learn?

It was the whisky?

Nice sign of democracy in action really. Offer people some exciting new local government which will actually do ....err....nothing at all.........and they turn it down.

If the governement really is in a dilema because the EU wants regional government, then all this is just a sham because they tried to respond without actually doing anything meaningful.

It is a funny thing that the British government (all parties) moans about Europe being in control and telling it what to do. Yet when this same government has an opportunity to parcel out powers to regions, what does it do? nothing. Westminster believes in regional autonony only so long as it means westminster can autonomously controll all the regions. Including the French ones.

The real scare came when Scotland was thinking of becoming an independant country within Europe. It could. Scared them into giving Scotland its own parliament even with a few teeth. Westminster shafted them though, saddled them with an incredibly expensive parliament building which they did not choose and could not cancel.

Damocles said:
The real scare came when Scotland was thinking of becoming an independant country within Europe. It could.

Did that really happen? I always thought that for international purposes the UK was a single nation. Look at a passport, "Nationality: British". Surely Scotland becoming an independant country within Europe would be like Spain being split into a Spanish country and a Catalan country? Really wouldn't make any odds, and surely would be illegal without the sayso of the government.

Whenever Scottish friends are boning on about how great Scotland is, I enjoy winding them up with the question "So how well would Scotland be doing if it left the UK?" :LOL:

When flying into the states and you have to fill out the green immigration cards i always put my nationality as english and my country of birth as england. This gets picked up on at immigration and they insist that i have to put down UK as country. Why?.......there is no such country and there is no nationality of british ;) I am english not british. And on another point.............why can a scottish mp vote at westminster on laws that affect the english but an english mp cannot do the same in scotland????????????????

Sponsored Links
Back