Registering A Birth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to register a birth today, and I need to go to my local ASDA to do it !! Its a new service, apparently........

Modern life, eh !!

Sponsored Links
No spanking, but I did get a £5 ASDA gift card for my trouble (they were out of those free packs of wipes and handwash that you normally get in the circumstances).

Sponsored Links
:D

I did, however, tell my 3 and 5 year old that they could pick the middle names and they came up with Obi-Wan and Jack-Jack (after the baby in the incredibles). Has meant that the new baby is called Max Obi Jack.......

Obi was a late win, as he was previously insisting on R2D2.

johnny_t said:
No spanking, but I did get a £5 ASDA gift card for my trouble (they were out of those free packs of wipes and handwash that you normally get in the circumstances).

hit superdrug and boots for freebies too!

Make sure you cover Obi's eyes as they pass him through the checkout. Those laser beams can be dodgy. As a second name how about "Quiet" or even "Hayve". That way he'll know who your talking to later in life.

Thank you for spelling 'hayve' kind-of phonetically rather than just 'have' - I'd have been puzzling over that all night otherwise :D

I seem to have been the only person that I have spoken to today that is surprised that you register births at ASDA. Is it me ...??

No, I find it surprising and mildly disturbing that this is now done on a commercial premises. next thing you know they'll be going to school in tescos and getting married in woolies! (no pun intended)

petewood said:
No, I find it surprising and mildly disturbing that this is now done on a commercial premises. next thing you know they'll be going to school in tescos and getting married in woolies! (no pun intended)
Why do you find it disturbing? Perfectly logical step forward if you ask me, just stamp a barcode on babies bottom and swipe through the checkout! just make sure you get your clubcard points though ;)

kendor said:
petewood said:
Why do you find it disturbing? Perfectly logical step forward if you ask me, just stamp a barcode on babies bottom and swipe through the checkout! just make sure you get your clubcard points though ;)
Now they have the infant on the database...programmed into Double Glazing callcentres to kick in in 25 years time :rolleyes: Well the Mormons have been doing it for years..backwards :!: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back