Registration for this Forum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Just registered for this forum....On the drop down list for Country I
selected Scotland... however when my message was submitted my location was shown as United Kingdom. WHY?

Sponsored Links
Look at your passport and you will see...

As you live in Scotland it is likely that you are a subject of Queen Elizabeth II, and a citizen of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

I wouldn't assume Hertfordshire to be listed as a separate country, why would any other province be different?

Honestly, they'll want their own parliament next ;)

It's a mistake it should have read "that place up north somewhere" :)

Sponsored Links
Perhaps they are trying to discourage DIY north of the border... Braveheart was rubbish at it, he got paint all over himself. No wonder he was so pi**ed off. ;)

Now then, lads, we don't want to upset our cousins north of the border.

And we get to support a team at the world cup, even if they do get knocked out fairly quickly......... That should do it !! Och aye the whatever ;)

I'm sorry that all these replies seem to have missed the point of my question which was asking why the drop down menu listed Scotland as a location but when I registered it gave my location as United Kingdom. I seem to have touched a nerve with several of you .

I live in England and it says I live in the UK too, it really isn't an issue.

I apologise if I am wrong but you appear to be acting in a nationalist way.

I did try it with "England", but thought you might be in the "Scotland isn't part of the UK" camp... all of my Scottish mates are!

You see, my experience of Scotsmen (at least those who live in England) is that there is a semi-serious nationalism going on. All good humoured, I doubt they would have moved to England if they really hated it that much!

Certainly with my Scottish mates there is a repartee, where they say something along the lines of "Of course in Glasgow <insert word here> is MUCH better than in London...", then I might say something along the lines of "The air might be fresher up there, but Edinburgh's full of ginger people/men in skirts/<insert alternative cultural stereotype>". I think that is where all the comments came from, I doubt anyone had any nerves touched!

I like Scotland. Hey, I even know all the words to "500 miles" and "Donald where's ya troosers?" :LOL: Although when I went up Ben Nevis, I noticed none of them were crazy enough to go up it. Englishmen the whole way. Unless they were all busy tossing kabres and dancing on swords. ;)

My favourite tipple is Scotch, I love porridge, wasn't particularly fussy about haggis, generally find the Scottish have a terrific sense of humour and I myself always try to register England as my place of birth and abode - but the drop down menus don't provide for me either.
I did hear an Irish lady drunkenly telling everyone the other evening, that her "dear old grandmother" was "Scotch", which I thought would have got her a fair thump from anybody north of the border.

I always thought the scots had a sense of humour?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
out of necessity, rather than naturally :LOL:

With a soccer team like theirs ........ a sense of humour is mandatory ;)
P

I live in England and it says I live in the UK too, it really isn't an issue.

I apologise if I am wrong but you appear to be acting in a nationalist way.

In that case we should have only one place, "Earth", otherwise everybody that picks any country is being nationalist. There are some who make a joke out of locations by frequently changing locations to "remote" countries.

Sponsored Links
Back