Remedial works quote following EICR inspection

I asked to see the details as the summary doesn't have enough info to answer the original question. Some of the codes are vague (eg. Poor condition for accessories as C2).

I would point out that missing blanks is a C1.

As for the quote, I would question why it lists work to fix C3 items. From the items listed, there is little to indicate a second inspection is required.

Sponsored Links
Unless the customer wants a fresh EICR with nothing major on it.

Personally I would ask for a second quote with a CU change included instead of repairing the existing one. We can always find fault with an EICR it is one persons opinion, I personally feel the requirement for the report to be given to tenants has messed it all up, as they will see not only real faults, but any suggestion, and possible faults which could happen at a latter date, which the land lord needs to know about, but does not affect a tenant.

Sponsored Links
I can only speak from experience that some of my customers want a rewritten report once all the major stuff has been addressed.

I can only speak from experience that some of my customers want a rewritten report once all the major stuff has been addressed.
I can understand that but I presume that scousespark's point was that even if all the work per quote were done, the EICR (if done the same way) would still be far from 'clean', still including a good C2s.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back