Remeha has rejected my warranty

Thing is nowadays, customers and installers(me included) want top spec products at rock bottom prices,it aint going to happen.

Sponsored Links
The aqualisa digital and digital pumped showers look very similar, i reckon the engineer thought it was a pumped one when its not.

You can't blame Remeha, or any other boiler manufacturer, if occasionally they receive a batch of below spec components from one of their suppliers.
what a dumb comment. Most manufacturers have parts made by outside companies. By your theory, no boiler manufacturer is to blame for their rubbish products because they didnt make the parts?

Of course i blame Remeha, DH.

If they fit below par components it is their responsibility.
I agree, but it all depends on why the component are below par. Did the boiler manufacturer specify the quality of the component or, as is more likely, did they just select the appropriate component from the supplier's catalogue (Dungs, Giannoni etc)? If the latter, then any component failure (apart from those caused by faulty installation of the boiler, e.g lack of flushing etc) would be the responsibility of the component manufacturer. The boiler manufacturer would replace the component and then seek recompense from the component manufacturer.

Look at what is now happening over the Deep Horizon problem. BP held their hands up and accepted liability, but now they are suing the owners/operators of the rig for $40 billion as well as the suppliers of the cement and valves which were supposed to seal the well.

And your Ford example was poorly chosen. Perhaps you have forgotten about Ford's biggest court battle over the tyres they fitted to their Explorer?
I wasn't aware of the Explorer tyre problem, so I looked it up; neither side came out of it very well.

However that was a problem which affected many owners and was the subject of a recall. I was thinking more of the tyre which gets fitted to a Fiesta or Focus. Occasionally a rogue will slip through the net and blister (or something similar). Blaming Ford for that would get you nowhere.

Incidentally tyres was a good example as they are mass produced components used by many manufacturers. It's only when you get into the realms of high priced super cars that you find the car and tyre manufacturers collaborating to produce a tyre which is exclusive to that car.

Sponsored Links
Look at what is now happening over the Deep Horizon problem. BP held their hands up and accepted liability, but now they are suing the owners/operators of the rig for $40 billion as well as the suppliers of the cement and valves which were supposed to seal the well.

BP were the employers and got the work done by subcontractors!

The subcontractors messed up! Not surprisingly they are suing them, thats normal in that industry.

The shut off valve did not operate properly. These are very high spec devices and very expensive. When the problem first started BP X-rayed them form several angles to see what was wrong. I dont know what the cause has been guessed to be yet. I have a customer who is an ex-BP engineer and now an independent consultant. Very interesting what he told me about a lot of what BP were doing was for public relations purposes and not for engineering reasons.

These valves are so poweful that they can punch through the well pipe !

Tony

The aqualisa digital and digital pumped showers look very similar, i reckon the engineer thought it was a pumped one when its not.

He may well have done so.

But his fault was to imagine that any shower unit could have caused the diverter valve motor to fail.

He is presumably a parts changer with no real understanding of how boilers work.

Employing someone like that to your detriment should mean some recompense package to you like an extended warrantee.

Tony

I'm with D. Hailsham
I used to work for the UK's No1 oil boiler manufacturer
we were hit by the curse of Riello oil Pumps, it wasn't our fault that Riello produced oil pumps that in some cases lasted less than an Hour!

All boiler companies buy individual components in the Hydroblock used by Remeha appears in combi boilers from numerous manufacturers so if a batch goes out that later proves to have issues then this is unfortunate

a good example id the fan used in Keston C40/55 series and Broag Quinta, a manufacturing fault in the tachometer caused lots of problems to both manufacturers

it is a fact of life ! - what counts is how the Boiler maker puts things right for the end user! ;)

Way I see it if you buy a ford car ect & some component go's wrong that they did not make it is still there fault !

Boiler manufacturers hmm , well they should call themselves boiler assemblers , which would be more accurate ?? we fit a boiler that go's pear shaped , we get the blame ! far to many boiler manu's / assemblers are eager to blame the installer for anything that go's wrong with there appliances , there all to eager to quote stastics about how much install faults cost them ? What about how much manu faults cost the installer ?

stastics = 54 boilers installed from 1 manu to date 21 faults in a 2 year 4 month period , yep 21 faults requiring a minimumn of 21 visits ( this excludes multiple faults ) shocking reliability !

we could of course blame honeywell

I have a complaint in place at present over one of my local Heat Team engineers and as such will not fit them anymore.

G4Y, having looked over the shoulder of a Heatteam guy fixing an Avanta + Combi, (I am local to you) he was very good, amiable and happy to answer my queries. (no names though, I would not wish to embarrass him....)

Perhaps it a matter of luck of the draw as to just which Hetateam guy knocks on the door - maybe a little like picking a name out of the Yellow Pages based on advert size? ;)

DH

I am sure there are some very good Heateam engineers.

But its not them that cause us problems!

Lady in shop had her gas turned off by Transco last week, the guy was very rude, refused to give his name, refused to say what he was going to do and all he would say was call their emergency number. Thats appalling and would get someone sacked in most other jobs!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back