Remind me what bending the knee is all about?

On the terraces you can find the kind of eejit who abused Eric Cantona or in the stands someone like David Goldblatt; so If you're asking me then i'd say no more or less than any other group of people gathered on a weekend, such as the people found at a Rugby Union match.
Rugby Union supporters obviously smarter , they are watching rugby .

Sponsored Links
so you are happy with death treats towards cyclists who don't ride carefully, but upset at annonomis tweets (that could be from any where in the world) towards these rossly overpaid footballers. You need to get a grip on reality yourself

not that I was riding uncarefully or illegally when I have been subjected to abuse and threats.

Your right but this is more about the mentality of these people.

Maybe we need to feel sorry for them. They obviously have something missing in their lives.

The only time I will ever take a knee is to tie my shoelaces or pick something up that was dropped on the floor.
Fair enough,but you do understand nobody asks you to take a knee.

But just by being aware of the issue has done part of its work. Its made you think about the subject.

What you do with your thoughts is for you to work out.

Change doesnt happen overnight. 1 step at a time

Easy to see the whole point of raising awareness has gone "whoosh" right over your head here!

Why are we raising awareness of just one form of abuse when players cyclists actors white black or yellow famous or not famous
are getting abuse from morons across the world from behind a screen?

Sponsored Links
My lad is big into his rugby league & plays (between injuries) for a local team. You think rugby is a game for thugs but they have a saying that "Rugby is a game for hooligans which is played by gentlemen. Cricket is a game for gentlemen which is played by hooligans".

Another saying is "what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch", which goes a long way towards any bad feelings not following on after the game. They also enjoy a lot of what is called "sledging" which I'm sure happens in all team sports. All through a game they are slagging each other off attempting to rile the other team, my personal favourite is "Hey up mate, long time no see, how's your missus . . . & my kids" :)

Most games I've watched have been multi-cultural, my lads team have just the one BIG black dude whose nickname is MEAT. Asking my lad if he ever gets the N word sledged at him my lad told me he does occasionally, he won't react in any way but the fullbacks know how to break ribs & someone isn't going to work to tomorrow.
You’re slightly off in your quote. It should be ‘Rugby is a game for hooligans played by gentlemen. Football is a game for gentlemen played by hooligans. Cricket is a game for gentlemen played by gentlemen’.

I watch a lot of rugby and regularly attend professional and amateur club games. I’ve not heard any skin colour related abuse that can remember, but there is lots of nationality related banter in international matches that can get close to the line but tends to be self policed by the crowd If it starts going too far.

What has this incident got to do with Black Lives Matter and anti-racism?
Its only black players that get abuse?

Go back to my OP and answer my question.

Last edited:
BBC reporter Manish Pandey has been speaking to football fan Neil, who says he was a racist and a bigot until his daughter Millie showed him that his behaviour was unacceptable.

...1984...Ministry of Truth...thoughtcrime...children indoctrinated against their parents...

Same as most Muslims are not terrorists
No, but most condone and support the terrorists, and are sympathetic with the terrorists' aims.

Its only black players that get abuse?

Go back to my OP and answer my question.

I read the OP, I am questioning it.

Bending the knee is about racial awareness. Of course other people get abused. This doesn't make BLM any less relevant. And it doesn't mean it is conflict of interests either.

It is possible to support both anti-racism and anti-abuse in general.

Will they bend the knee for Joachim? No, why would they do that?

No, but most condone and support the terrorists, and are sympathetic with the terrorists' aims.
Yeah, just like how most white people condone the murdering of politicians by far right whites, and killing of Irish by IRA and British police.

You do talk some crap.

White players get as much abuse as black players.

Bending the knee is about racism. It is not about anti-abuse. If you feel strongly about people insulting others, start a campaign. Although you might find they already exist. But bending the knee is not just about racism in the football ground.

Criticising bending the knee is like criticising STOPCE / Tackling Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) in Sport because people who don't play sport also get abused.

I reckon taking the knee has about as much positive influence on combating racism as the clappy clap clap on our doorsteps had for lifting everyone's spirits during covid and improving wages for low paid carers.

If I was on 250 grand a week plus perks and some one said don’t rock the boat take the knee

I would it would not bother me

If they said don’t than I wouldn’t

For 250 grand a week plus perks

I could not care less tbh

The only time I will ever take a knee is to tie my shoelaces or pick something up that was dropped on the floor.
Are you sure that's the only time you're on your knees?

;)

Don't worry, your secrets are safe with us ...

I read the OP, I am questioning it.

Bending the knee is about racial awareness. Of course other people get abused. This doesn't make BLM any less relevant. And it doesn't mean it is conflict of interests either.

It is possible to support both anti-racism and anti-abuse in general.

Will they bend the knee for Joachim? No, why would they do that?

Why bend the knee for one section of society.

There was this player in the lower leagues that lost a child... these same fuçkers abused him about his child..... What makes you think racism is any worse than any other abuse.

Make a protest just don't make it about one section of society

Sponsored Links
Back