Removing switch/socket box extenders

Here are the 2 products I've got:
1 gang
2 gang

Thanks for posting the links. I would love to see what the other side of the circuit board looks like; is there any chance you could dismantle one and post a picture? This is from genuine curiosity, as how to implement something like this that works well without needing a separate neutral wire to the switch is something that is often discussed, here and elsewhere.

(Does it have a battery?)

Sponsored Links
Easy as pie to make one which works well with traditional (are they "old-fashioned" yet?) incandescent lamps.

Here are the 2 products I've got:
1 gang
2 gang

Thanks for posting the links. I would love to see what the other side of the circuit board looks like; is there any chance you could dismantle one and post a picture? This is from genuine curiosity, as how to implement something like this that works well without needing a separate neutral wire to the switch is something that is often discussed, here and elsewhere.

(Does it have a battery?)
You can see more pictures under those links on the left hand side, or did you see them already and they didn't answer your question?

It doesn't have a battery that I'm aware of.

You can see more pictures under those links on the left hand side, or did you see them already and they didn't answer your question?

Yes I've seen those. What I'd really like to see is the other side of the circuit board that's not visible in those pictures because it's hidden under the plastic casing. In particular, I'd like to be able to see the components in the corner near the live in terminal.

It doesn't have a battery that I'm aware of.

I asked that because one of their product listings refers to a 12V battery, but I think that's perhaps for the remote control for the wireless version of this product.

Sponsored Links
Yes I've seen those. What I'd really like to see is the other side of the circuit board that's not visible in those pictures because it's hidden under the plastic casing. In particular, I'd like to be able to see the components in the corner near the live in terminal.
Maybe you should buy one to dismantle, rather than asking someone else to risk their warranty?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back