Replace a yale cylinder on a UVPC door without key

Sponsored Links
So? it's unlocked?

Eddie, you still need the key to remove a euro cylinder. You have to turn the key about 30 degrees to be able to extract the lock. Without the key, the black bit is always sticking out to one side, preventing removal...

euro-cylinder-5-pin-nickel-plated-3cm-x-3cm-P-2609440-15817964_1.jpg

Eddie, you still need the key to remove a euro cylinder. You have to turn the key about 30 degrees to be able to extract the lock. Without the key, the black bit is always sticking out to one side, preventing removal...

Yeah, I know, hence why I (nearly) said, unlocked but in a jammed position, not very descriptive on my part given, but that's what I meant.

If so then either drill out, or thin blade screwdriver, few hard taps into lock body, and sharp sidewise tug..

What about removing the side screw and then drilling on the bottom side to get the black bits to drop in vertical position? or there is any way with a thin screwdriver or knife to push the black bit down to get it out?

I`m sure there is a way and don`t see it a rocket science exercise.

Hopefully someone has the right knowledge.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What about removing the side screw and then drilling on the bottom side to get the black bits to drop in vertical position? or there is any way with a thin screwdriver or knife to push the black bit down to get it out?

I`m sure there is a way and don`t see it a rocket science exercise.

Hopefully someone has the right knowledge.

Thanks

No, you either need to snap the barrel, worryingly easy on a lot of locks or drill the tumbler retaining pins out. It's not a difficult job assuming of course you have a drill and some 3-5mm HSS drill bits.

No, you either need to snap the barrel, worryingly easy on a lot of locks or drill the tumbler retaining pins out. It's not a difficult job assuming of course you have a drill and some 3-5mm HSS drill bits.

I have plenty of drills and bits but worried to have to have it stuck. Don`t see other option than have a go

Thanks

I am not a burglar but found it very easy to drill out cylinders.

You might find the smaller diameter drills snap as they break through

You might find the smaller diameter drills snap as they break through

Do you go for a small size drill bits like 3 or 4mm?

Providing it's not an anti drill cylinder, which majority should be these days...will all depend on how old door is.
Quickest method is snapping it - there is a really easy way to do it .
Being honest, as a person who works In the trade I'm not happy that snapping locks etc videos are widely available on the internet, or even open discussions about how to easily remove a cylinder... potentially this topic can be internet searched at a later date and bookmarked by a potential scumbag and all sorts could happen ( clearly this is a worst case scenario!) . I clearly understand the need to help the OP but maybe , seeing as it's a house security issue , doing it by a private message may have been more prudent.

Well, in some respects I agree, but information on snapping euro locks is so widely available it's not worth trying to hide it, anyway I told the OP above how to do it.

I know its widely available and that's what irritates me ...after all , as I said it is home/office security that could potentially be bypassed . I was not ' having a go ' , I was merely pointing out a fact. I'm sorry if I upset or offended anyone

Theres loads of videos on YT on how to fit windows but you still get lots on here asking questions or how to get out of a pickle. In all my time in the trade including a 15 year stint doing 24hr call outs I never ever came across a lock to change that had been tampered with, bumped, drilled or snapped, it was mainly a concrete planter thrown through a patio door that I had to deal with, any lock changes were due to lost keys or burglary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back