Replace FCU with standard socket for off peak electricity

This is starting to sound like a nightmare,
did you remove the storage heaters with your landlords permission?
did he consult his EPC inspector? This has potentially made the property unrentable.

It's good for you this illegal work was commissioned by a landlord,
I expect it has been done on the cheap like so many rental jobs.
Is the electricity account in your name?
Is there a managing agent? They can be useful as mediators when sorting out a mess like this. I'd ask them for a copy of all the documentation applicable to the CU change.
Ye it's a long story...
Yea the account is in my name and there's no agent.
I've contacted the landlord so hopefully it will be sorted soon. I don't mind if it stays like this as long as bulb changes the tariff to single tariff.

Sponsored Links
Ye it's a long story...
Yea the account is in my name and there's no agent.
I've contacted the landlord so hopefully it will be sorted soon. I don't mind if it stays like this as long as bulb changes the tariff to single tariff.
I'm sure you won't have an issue with them changing the tariff but I think they may start an investigation at the lack of off peak usage.

Did you remove the heaters with your landlords permission/are they his?

I'm sure you won't have an issue with them changing the tariff but I think they may start an investigation at the lack of off peak usage.

Yea that was done ages ago as they had stopped working. So the landlord came and took them away as they were quite bulky and its a small flat.

Why would they need to investigate the lack of off peak usage? As long as I pay them for the whole daily usage on the peak rates why would they care?

I doubt lack of off-peak use would be an issue but they might be very interested in unauthorised tampering with their equipment

Sponsored Links
I doubt lack of off-peak use would be an issue but they might be very interested in unauthorised tampering with their equipment
Yea that's what I thought...
I have mentioned the broken seals to him. They can bring it up with the electrician if they want

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back