Replace FCU with standard socket for off peak electricity

Sponsored Links
I removed the storage heaters and I'm wondering if it's possible to replace the FCU that they were connected to with just a standard socket
The main issue I can see is that sockets are supposed to be RCD protected. Depending on the age of your installation it is quite likely that storage heater circuits are not RCD protected.

The main issue I can see is that sockets are supposed to be RCD protected. Depending on the age of your installation it is quite likely that storage heater circuits are not RCD protected.
There are 2 RCDs in the consumer unit. As it was upgraded a few months ago.
Cheers!
Will send photos later on when in home

Photos attached!
PXL_20221128_173206813.jpg
PXL_20221128_173213944.jpg
PXL_20221128_173232024.jpg

Sponsored Links
Oh wow I can see now the electrician that changed the consumer unit completely disconnected the eco7 ??

Yea I noticed that. Why would he have accessed the meter and the RT?? I feel like the electrician that came over to change the CU messed up a bit..
No way has he messed up, that is a complete and utter F**k*p call him and ask him to restore it or you will inform your energy supplier.

The guy is a total a*****l* for doing that to you.

Do you have a full set of paperwork and how much did you pay?

And very well done for taking the brilliant pictures before

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back