Replacement Alarm

Sponsored Links
The comip and com wifi will work on any Premier panel any version, but you cant use the app on the Premier 24 or the app on other premiers prior to version 8.13/8.14 see Texecom guide to functionality, but you can on all elite range. If they used the Wintex protocol instead of the simple protocol you would be able to use any panel.

It's possible to use the comp-ip/comwifi on the comport as nothing fitted and use it like a usb com with an ip address on panels that didn't have the comip available to be assigned to the comport.

How many wired zones do you have? A panel such as a Premier Elite 24-W doesn't need a wireless expander but only has 4 onboard wired zones. A Premier Elite 24 will need a wireless expander (either 8XP-W or 32XP-W) but has 8 wired zones. Here is a list, there is also the 12-W Live which has the keypad built in to the panel.

http://www.texe.com/uk/products/series/control-panels/premier-elite-series/

Texecom do not do wireless keypads yet, however, they do a Smartkey fob to arm/disarm/part arm remotely. See here

http://www.texe.com/uk/products/series/wireless-peripherals/premier-elite-series/

You will either need Comip or the new Comwifi expander to remotely communicate with the panel. The Comip is more expensive (over £100) and connects via Ethernet to your router. The comwifi costs nearly half that, I paid about £60. It does exactly the same job, just connects different. It's simple to fit and reasonably(ish) easy to configure. So far it has worked fine.

Hope this helps

Any pointers to some decent sellers/websites. I've done a search but not sure on the reliability of all the sellers, some dont seem to sell the external bellbox either.

I've had a price online delivered for

1 x 12-W Panel
1 x LCD Keypad
1 x Satin Chrome SMK Keypad
1 x 1E Live Bellbox
1 x Dummy Bellbox
1 x CommWifi

£330

Thanks

I use a local supplier trade only.

Personally I don't like the E version of old, as its not as well sealed as the full version, however the new odyssey X BE the whole thing is protected so much better, the Odyssey X also has better visible leds during the day than the old odyssey models and the price is favourable as far as I can tell.

don't forget your covers, some places do sell them in kits and it may work out cheaper that way.

There are plenty of suppliers that will sell you the stuff trade or not, if they say trade only and you purchase from them you don't have the same protection as an end user does, although I am sure that shouldn't be a problem.

Sponsored Links
I used Sapphire Alarms for all my stuff, think at the time I struggled to get a better price.

Not sure what I am missing but the Premier Elite 12-w is more expensive than the Premier Elite 24 (poly)?

Thanks

Premier Elite 24 is an hard wired only panel (8 zones) that needs additional expander to be able to use wireless sensors. That's why it's cheaper. It is the Premier Elite 24-W that you would compare against. This panel is wireless enabled and has 4 hard wired zones.

Ah OK, much appreciated for the clarification. I'm not sure I like the X BE sounders, they look too attractive/attention grabbing although they are cheaper, not sure what to do really.

Ah OK, much appreciated for the clarification. I'm not sure I like the X BE sounders, they look too attractive/attention grabbing although they are cheaper, not sure what to do really.

I think thats the idea, they are meant to grab your attention and act as a deterent. However, if you prefer something more subtle, choose one of the other Odyseey boxes (there's 5 different ones I think), I personally like the shape of the 3 and are very popular. If you want it to be loud, get the twin piezo version which are 115db. The 'E' versions are single piezo and 109db.

You will also be able to fit the Ricochet wireless versions which are battery powered and will simply pair with your control panel. These a a bit quieter still at 105 db, and more expensive.

Hi All

This is the cheapest I have managed to find, looks reasonable?

Texecom GEH-0001 Ricochet Premier Elite 12-W Panel
Texecom DBA-0001 Premier LCD Keypad
Texecom DBD-0129 Premier Elite Satin Chrome SMK Keypad
Texecom Odyssey 3 Dummy Bellbox
Texecom Odyssey 3 Metal Clad External Sounder + Cover
Texecom Premier Elite CEK-0002 ComWiFi

£356

or with X BE Grade 2 Sounders

£320

Thanks

Hi All

Just an update
Have installed the alarm but not powered up yet, one question I had before I power up is can I setup the alarm and then connect the outside bell after? Reason I ask is some render work being carried out outside and wanted to change the bell only when the work is complete, old bell disconnected. If it is possible whats the best way to add bell after?

Thanks

just don't wire it up until your ready, don't put the battery jumper to on position until its wired up. refer to hold off mode when you want to work on outside bell after its powered up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back