Replacement Boiler original thread locked !!

You can be jesus. His right hand man. Other than the gas debate, he`s a very clued up bloke. Reminds me of a design engineer i worked with on a chemical site. Superb problem solver, one difference between the 2 though. No prizes for guessing what that was. ;)

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Blasphemous said:
Does that elevate me to a 'Higher Level' now?
Yup - you're right 'up there' with Water Systems now. :eek:

Oh no!!!

I actually agree Strachan. Its a shame about his 'attitude' but what is it they say about Genius is close to Insanity? Perhaps you can't have one without the other. I know most of my mates think i'm nuts... what they really mean is i'm dead clever but they don't realise :D

The engineer i worked with did have a mental breakdown half way through a £10m project we were working on. He was found under a vessel crying like a baby! Glad i`m dumb! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
confidentincompetent said:
As far as I know which is little ;) Diy gas fitting in your own residence is ok as long as you satify building control.
OMG, this is just going to make it kick off again, but you're only partly right - for domestic gas appliances, fittings and pipework everyone also has to abide by The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1994 (and as later amended).

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/SI/si1994/Uksi_19941886_en_1.htm

But of corse ....
:LOL: :LOL: ;)

Blasphemous said:
what is it they say about Genius is close to Insanity? Perhaps you can't have one without the other. I know most of my mates think i'm nuts... what they really mean is i'm dead clever but they don't realise :D

So true. Inventors and problem solvers keeping one jump ahead of the men in white coats.

I recall two qualified and trained main dealer technicians worked several hours trying to find an electrical fault that was blowing a 30 amp fuse. Eventually the cars owner lost patience and offered to help. He found every item that fuse fed had been changed and a pile of blown 30 amp fuses and two confused technicians and a worried service manager. The customer applied a bit of analytical effort and 1960's O level physics to the problem and ten minutes later had found the problem. A cable had been trapped at manfacture and eventually the insulation had given way providing a dead short to chassis. The service manual had no procedure for this fault. Why had the owner not fault finded himself at home ?. The assembly of the interior trim and its removal defied all logic.

There is a case for both type of ability. robotic following procedure (trim removal) and free thinking analytical and creative thinking ( finding the unforeseen and thus un-documented fault ).

Bernard
Sharnbrook

esra-ptrap wrote

I've never come across so many arsey mods as on this site do they send you all on a "how to be a pillock course?"

I certainly agree with this statement.
What bugs me is information they are deleting may be useful to the person who is asking for advice.

Moderator 4

its quite simple, keep it within the rules, keep on the subject and leave out the abuse. Do you think that a thread that descends into personal name calling helps anyone, especially the poster who asks for help in the first place?

I have no problems with that at all.
I think it was moderator 2 who deleted a whole thread the other night . Their was no abuse in that particular thread .
The moderator claimed the thread had became "uninteresting" which is not a good reason to delete a thread especially as I had just posted some information relating to the subject which would have been useful to the OP.

MOD 2

The moderator claimed the thread had became "uninteresting" which is not a good reason to delete a thread

i did no such thing

and i issued at least 3 warnings to the problem poster

I am sorry but you DID.
I am not going to get into a slanging match with you on this as I know what was printed on the screen.

And to the point about the problem poster their were at least TWO other problem posters on that thread and you took NO action what so ever.

Moderator 4

If you have a problem with any action taken, please e-mail admin. This is no place to open up a further argument of who did what.

Already have e-mailed the adminstrator and have recieved no reply.
I didnt expect much responce or help from DIY Not as moderator 2 made the suggestion "feel free" after I stated I would contact DIY not.

Moderator 4 said:
If you have a problem with any action taken, please e-mail admin. This is no place to open up a further argument of who did what.
This issue crops up a lot, so rather than simply post "If you don't like it then Email admin" it would be helpful if you would explain, or post to a link to an existing explanation of, the grievance process.

That way that we can all understand (a) the purpose of Emailing admin, and (b) what can be expected to happen in response to such an Email.

Sponsored Links
Back