Replacement combi boiler quotes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I wasn't sure where to post this and im sure you have had hundreds of posts like this before - sorry for asking the same question over again but im a damsel in distress.

I'm wondering what is the best deal/quote for a replacement combi boiler. I live in a 2 bedroom terraced house which has 6 radiators and a shower that runs off the boiler.

Plumber #1

Worcester 29 CDi Classic combi boiler and wireless thermostat with a 7 Yr Warranty for £2060

Plumber #2

Worcester 29 CDi Classic combi boiler and wireless thermostat with a 5 Yr Warranty for £1800

Valliant Ecotec Plus 831HE combi boiler and wireless thermostat with a 5 Yr warranty for £1820

Plumber #3

Baxi Platinum 28kw Condensing Combination Boiler and wireless thermostat with a 10 Yr warranty for £1850 - he also said as i would be getting it done near when the new regulations for a carbon monoxide detecor to be installed in oct that he would fit one for free end of sept and also do the work on a sat if suited to save me taking a day off work.

Plumber #4

Ariston E combi evo 24HE plus thermostat and 2 Yr warranty for £1200

Worcester junior 24 HE plus thermostat and 5Yr warranty for £1560

Im just wondering whats a good deal - I plan to stay in the house for another 5 years.

Sponsored Links
Another vote for the vaillant. But ask the installer about a 7 year warranty. This is possible with the plus

Sponsored Links
Another vote for the vaillant. But ask the installer about a 7 year warranty. This is possible with the plus

Thanks, i have just checked the website - couldn't see the plumber listed on the approved installers but I have emailed him to ask anyway.

You don't have to be an approved installer to fit a boiler. But sometimes being one gives you a longer warrantee.

The Intergas boiler is very good but not so well known in Scotland yet.

Tony

Nobody asked about Intagash, are you lot on commission!!!

Baxi platinum with 10 year warranty thats what I fit at the mo

Baxi platinum with 10 year warranty thats what I fit at the mo

Excuse me for being a bit dim, but how exactly does the warranty work? Im assuming the plumber would register the boiler with baxi to say its installed in the property and aslong as I have an annual service, the warranty is fine? would i get a copy of paperwork/registration?

I am swaying towards the Baxi at the moment because of the warranty.

they sign up for baxi works (the baxi club) they sign the boiler off through that, baxi even pay for the Gassafe reg. You get a gassafe cert through post and your warranty is activated.

if you like the baxi but like a different installer just ask them to fit the baxi. To be fair its a white box at the end of the day they are all the same install wise

(edit except Intergash which install themselves then once commissioned they enter cup of tea mode where they put the kettle on)

they sign up for baxi works (the baxi club) they sign the boiler off through that, baxi even pay for the Gassafe reg. You get a gassafe cert through post and your warranty is activated.

if you like the baxi but like a different installer just ask them to fit the baxi. To be fair its a white box at the end of the day they are all the same install wise

(edit except Intergash which install themselves then once commissioned they enter cup of tea mode where they put the kettle on)

Thanks for the info - appreciated.

To be honest I think i prefer the baxi plumber, he never gave me any sales rubbish and seems more competent and has more reviews that the other plumbers. He has also quoted me on the same vaillant as above but £200 more expensive. Hmmm.

Do what I tell all my customers to do - buy their boiler direct and get me to fit. Keeps the turnover down and customer gets the best deal.

Currently I recommend **one of the cheap boiler suppliers .com***, they keep all in stock and offer the best overall prices.

Boiler wise, it's the baxi platinum for me due to the 10 year warranty.

I also recommend the vaillant for the big spenders and the ariston e combi is a great boiler for half the price.

Good luck

Have to say the prices quoted are a tad low. Either the installers are working on pittance or lot of corners will be cut. A new boiler cannot be fitted in one day if the work is done correctly! Cleaning the system would take around two days.

Gas line is one area where this often happens. If using the existing gas line, then it has to be adequate for the combo boiler or hot water delivery and/ or other appliances may not be up to scratch.

Another one is system sediment. Long warranty will be worthless if the s h i t e in the system clogs up the boiler arteries. Cleaning systems takes time- looking at the prices, seems that is an area where cut has been made.

My advice would be, get more information of what is to be done on paper else look for remedial repairs later on. Topics to look for information. Condensate discharge, gas line sizing, system cleansing, flue discharge and controls. Benchmark logbook needs filling in with correct data, not just copied from the information the information in the manual. Good luck.

I would imagine the boiler is already fitted as this thread is from October last year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back