Replacement dimmer switch module

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
This dimmer switch module has stopped working.
Would anybody be kind enough to recommend a replacement and where I can purchase it. Rather than me buying a whole new light switch and having to chuck the old one into a hole in the ground.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 139
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 136
Sponsored Links
Are you sure you want the same, replacing that you are limiting yourself to 60 watt load minimum, with the phasing out of Halogen and Tungsten lamps, you will be hard pressed to achieve that minimum.

Fitting a Led dimmer with a low minimum rating may be prudent.

What wattage lamps and quantity are currently in use, if you feel strongly about landfill then your likely concerned about power use, so are you using Led lamps, as that may well have caused the issue you have with the pictured dimmer

You would need a lower wattage today, so easier to swap whole unit. Near impossible to dim CFL and one should not dim quartz lamps as it reduces their life and standard tungsten pearl lamps are no longer on the market, so in real terms dimming means LED.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the advice guys.
Turns out this module was controlling a bunch of halogen lamps. So these are going to be replaced with LEDs.
I'll probably also get the V-PRO Silent LED Dimmer as recommended by flameport.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back