Replacement for Apollo Boiler 15/30b

Do people ever stop to actually think about what they've written?

"That boiler is almost as efficient as any other modern boiler apart from not having the 4-12% extra efficiency which a condensing boiler can achieve in some settings and having a permanent pilot light."

"While I only have limited "hands on" experience of boilers I do have mailing list contact with several people who are ( or were ) involved in the design and / or evaluation boilers and other heating system components."

Original Poster. If you go for a remote internet stat get one that monitors and reports on the boiler operation as well as simply space heating temperature and schedule.

He's always like that VC. Just a Google Warrior & spouts drivel.

Sponsored Links
Most manufacturers would probably love to be listed by Which Report.

But may not consider any "evaluation fee" to be worthwhile.

But it is unlikely anyone directly involved in those discussions would be willing to openly divulge what goes on. Particularly not on an internet forum.

Perhaps it should be wondered why Which only lists a very few big brands rather than the whole marketplace.
Cause it's not fit for toilet paper Tony.

Sponsored Links
That one! The discussion on the heat carrying capacity of copper pipes.

When even the professionals couldn't agree among themselves, I decided it wasn't worth my time continuing the conversation.

Steely and I were on agreement. The two and fro about the results of our sums was banter whilst we waited to be schooled by you and Roger :)

And well you knew it.

along with hearsay "evidence" from chatter on a mailing list inhabited by architects and similar professionals

Oh of course, an Architect is well known for their knowledge of boilers!! Most Architects I've come across in my lifetime are complete rsoles!!!

Oh of course, an Architect is well known for their knowledge of boilers!! Most Architects I've come across in my lifetime are complete rsoles!!!

I said:
architects and similar professionals
among them professional heating engineers who work alongside architects on projects that are very different from the mass produced boxes that are the typical modern housing stock.

among them professional heating engineers who work alongside architects on projects that are very different from the mass produced boxes that are the typical modern housing stock.

Rubbish!! Architects will only work with M&E consultants with Public & Professional insurance. You're talking drivel.

Berny, the guys you're 'trying' to preach to, are like my good self, been in the game for years & years. You're a Google Warrior of limited knowledge or intellect.

Mind you dicky.... Many M&E consultants have a similar lack of knowledge and supreme arrogance as our Berny. :LOL: almost finished dealings with another bunch of muppets that haven't a scooby.

At least this time the client figured it out too.

Architects will only work with M&E consultants with Public & Professional insurance
M&E Consultants ? Mechanical and Electrical Consultants.

Berny, the guys you're 'trying' to preach to, are like my good self, been in the game for years & years.
I am not trying to preach to you. You may be one of the best plumbers / installers / heating technicians but you do seem to have a closed mind so preaching to you would be a waste of time. Yours and mine.

Many M&E consultants have a similar lack of knowledge and supreme arrogance
Similar comments are made about plumbers and heating technicians lacking knowledge but able to function due to having been well trained.

Mind you dicky.... Many M&E consultants have a similar lack of knowledge and supreme arrogance as our Berny. :LOL: almost finished dealings with another bunch of muppets that haven't a scooby.

At least this time the client figured it out too.

Oh without question Dan, there's a lot of clueless M&E consultants.

Oh without question Dan, there's a lot of clueless M&E consultants.

Current saga I'm l dealing with have said consultants under direct instructions from the client to keep the installation under the domestic tickets, has been told by his very expensive consultant that he needs a Lochinvar Ecosword (the biggest model).

I can put perform it on every level (capacity, flow, reheat, pressure, warranty etc) with my regular product line up plus a new addition to the fold.

Even the client's existing RGI agrees with me, and he'll likely be taking over the future maintenance, so it's not in my interest to install anything other than what I'm instructed by said consultants.

But, hey Berny what do I know?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back