Replacing Honeywell ST9100a with Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

We are just in the process of a kitchen refit and have purchased a hive (single channel).

Having removed the face place for the existing programmer (Honeywell ST9100a) I have noticed more wiring than I had expected, for example multiple cables in Earth, Live and Neutral.

Looking at the wiring diagram I was under the impression that when fitting the hive I would just need to reposition the wiring as the below, however the extra wires has thrown me off a bit.

Earth -> Earth
N -> N
L -> L
1 -> 1
4 -> 3

There is also an existing thermostat which I intend to leave on full for the moment.

Has anyone got any thoughts?

Cheers,
Luke

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 499
  • PXL_20210927_181725364.jpg
    PXL_20210927_181725364.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Hive.jpg
    Hive.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Transfer all wires the same, but slight difference as follows:

L to L
N to N
Earth’s to Earth’s
1 to Common (1)
4 to 3 heating on

That’s it.

The wires in 1&4 on the existing now go to 1&3 on the hive, you might find that the L&N as they are doubled , will be difficult to fit in the Hive terminals, , as the hive terminals are very tight, if that is the case use terminal strip , and extend single wires to the L&N, you can put the earths in the terminal strip too if you want as the hive doesnt need an earth

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back