1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing Honeywell T40 with Drayton Wiser Heathub

Discussion in 'Home Automation' started by JonnyGo, 20 Jan 2018.

1. JonnyGo

JonnyGo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am trying to install a new Drayton HeatHub (1zone), just trying to work out wiring as I am replacing Honeywell T40 thermostat. Images attached of exisiting wiring and new HeatHub wiring diagram.

Cheers

Jon

2. Sponsored Links
  3. stem

stem

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm a bit puzzled why you are asking this, because all of the information you need is shown in the photos you have posted. From them, the wires at the existing thermostat are identified as:

1=Live (Brown wire)
    2=Neutral (Grey wire)
    3=Switched Live, heating 'on' (Black wire)

From your last photo, the Drayton unit you want to install has the wiring as shown below.

Capture.JPG

The Live (Brown wire) goes to Drayton 'L' terminal
    The Neutral (Grey wire) goes to Drayton 'N' terminal
    The Switched Live (Black wire) Goes to Drayton terminal 3 'On'
    Finally add a link between the Drayton L terminal and terminal 1 'Common'

Last edited: 20 Jan 2018
  4. JonnyGo

JonnyGo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No need to be puzzled, I know the basics, but just want to be sure that I get it the right way round, as rather not knock out the central heating for a day or so while I try to fix a false assumption. Not that warm here at the moment and wife would not be impressed!

Thanks for the input, that marries with what I was assuming, just needed a second check.

Cheers

Jon

• Like Like x 1
  5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local