Thanks for that.

Thanks but I think these are POC Coax cameras and I want ones that will run of cat5e cable instead, POE.

I did start to look into all the various things to look for in a camera on ipcam but it's a bit overwhelming, certainly a lot more complicated than I thought it was going to be. :confused:

It might be worth giving a supplier a ring that's what I did and they were pretty helpful, I did look at the IP cameras but they where a lot more expensive than the TVI cameras you do get a few more features with IP cameras like virtual lines so if anyone crosses it you will get alerted but I was being tight and didn't want to spend the money. Also the TVI recorder I have is a hybrid recorder I can add up to 16 IP cameras onto it if needed too, I would just need a POE switch to power them

You can run the POC cameras down cat5e you just need POC Video Balun, haydon sell them.

https://haydonmarketing.com/poc-baluns/166-hay-hdvb01poc-pt.html

Sponsored Links
It might be worth giving a supplier a ring that's what I did and they were pretty helpful, I did look at the IP cameras but they where a lot more expensive than the TVI cameras you do get a few more features with IP cameras like virtual lines so if anyone crosses it you will get alerted but I was being tight and didn't want to spend the money. Also the TVI recorder I have is a hybrid recorder I can add up to 16 IP cameras onto it if needed too, I would just need a POE switch to power them

You can run the POC cameras down cat5e you just need POC Video Balun, haydon sell them.

https://haydonmarketing.com/poc-baluns/166-hay-hdvb01poc-pt.html

I was not aware that you could run the POC down cat5e so thanks for that (y)
Will the cat5e also carry the power?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back