Retraining - Any Advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Relatively new to this forum so hi to you all. There seems to be lots of great advice on here so well done to you all.

I'll be 30 in a few months time and I've been thinking on retraining or going back to college as I'm just not making enough money at the moment.

I know the job market isn't all it used to be and market forces and the EU have meant that retraining options that looked attractive 5-10 years ago simply aren't viable any more.

If anyone can suggest something someone of my age can get into and make a few quid I'll be more than grateful.

Henry

Sponsored Links
See you are in Ireland, I think we need to look what we could be doing in ten years from now, and not at the moment, sorry i can't give you the answer you wan't, do some training, in as many things as you can.

Building will be back, and in a big way when it does, could you build,plaster,plumb, etc?

No one can really predict what's ahead, my daughter has passed her uni stuff and can fast track to a police seargent in 5 yrs, although that isn't her plan, but if that was her plan, would'nt be worth much today :cry:

P.S/ She works for zilch now, just to get some experience.

I believe her life will get worse, before it get's better.

Hi Henry

Without knowing what your current skill sets are it is hard to comment.

The political fragility of NI has historically resulted in higher levels of local governemt spending on pubic works but I don't know how much this will change given the new government/climate/devolution.

Sponsored Links
Back