Retraining to Boiler Engineer - any advice ?

I charge approx. £22 per hour in North Wales

Rates seem ok for normal plumbing work, but as you said

Changed a cylinder, changed a pump, ,two electric showers, one power shower, bathroom in hotel,

All requiring electrical minor works certification.
Doubt if any of the above have a minor works certificate.

No wonder prices are dropping in our area.
You are not doing yourself or other installers any favour.
There are far to many basic level 2 candidates passing out of college, and undercutting to get work.

I did go sole trader straight away.

Where did you gain experience from, college :rolleyes:

As for establishing a large business, look around you, most large and well established firms in the area are struggling.
Also check out how many outside firm are working on Anglesey.

Sponsored Links
My employer is taking the opportunity caused by the recession to move our highly profitable plant to eastern europe so it will be even more profitable.

The fact that we have been the most efficient, highest quality and best safety plant in europe is irrelevant. As they said, it is all down to geography.

You don't think a crash course in Polish, or wherever the relocation is, would be quicker and cheaper? ;) :LOL: :LOL:

And you're right about Bamber - he does get a bit giddy kipper at times :rolleyes: Nice bloke really.

As they said, it is all down to geography.

Well mebbes you should train as a Geography Teacher then, there you go, problem solved.
Do you have one of those tweed jackets with the leather elbow patches?

I`ll lend you one. ;)

Sponsored Links
As they said, it is all down to geography.

Well mebbes you should train as a Geography Teacher then, there you go, problem solved.
Do you have one of those tweed jackets with the leather elbow patches?

I`ll lend you one. ;)

I hope your plumbing/gas advice is better than your fashion sense, I bet your popular with ladies of a certain age.

I bet your popular with ladies of a certain age.

Yeah, I am actually, I find it helps having a great, well paid job, remember them do we. :D

If you can't have a wind-up what's the point in talking to people.

Love, laughter and kids are what matter in life imo.

If you can't have a wind-up what's the point in talking to people.

Love, laughter and kids are what matter in life imo.

I agree, well must be off, have to be up early for work 2morr.....errrr.....just off for a shower. :oops:

Bambergaspipe:

Your sentiments may ring true with some people but the CC and disappearance of our manufacturing base is not down to the individual efforts of Pengyn.

I wish him luck.

I do hope your words don't come back to haunt you... or me![/quote]

5:15 I am up for shifts tomorrow. :evil:

I will really miss shifts............................ :evil:

I do hope your words don't come back to haunt you... or me!

Pengwyn has got on to the fact that I`m having a laugh and ribbing him a bit, about time you got with the programme. Noob. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back