retro fitting a wireless room tstat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a thermostat wired to the boiler. The Tstat is in the hall. I would like a wireless tstat. Is it possible to fit a wireless reciever where my existing tstat is in the hall that will wirelessly connect to a tstat taht i can move from room to room?

Sponsored Links
you would have to tell us what boiler ya got, the type of system its fitted on and how many wires there is to the current stat before i can suggest anything

you would have to tell us what boiler ya got, the type of system its fitted on and how many wires there is to the current stat before i can suggest anything

Thanks.

Its a vaillant ecotec plus condensing biloer but not a combi, i still have a water cylinder with immersion, but the boiler does heat the hot water in the copper tank.

i have a honeywell st6400c controller and a tstat that has towerstat rsd written on the front. How many wires??????????? dont know

Does that help??

Sponsored Links
yeah, the system will prob be ok for a wireless stat but the receiver would prob have to be fitted next to the motorised valve(s). you would then be able to remove the old stat and wiring.
have a look in the airing cupboard or where the cylinder is and tell us how many valve there is.

yeah, the system will prob be ok for a wireless stat but the receiver would prob have to be fitted next to the motorised valve(s). you would then be able to remove the old stat and wiring.
have a look in the airing cupboard or where the cylinder is and tell us how many valve there is.

WOW, difficult this.

I dont really want to remove anything. Just wondering if a wireless reciever will replace the current tstat on the wall? Why does it need to go next to the valves? I have no airing cupboard. All motorised valves (only 1 i think) id above the boiler in the roof void.

B

The room stat does not have a permanent live which is needed for the wireless stat receiver. so the receiver needs to be put where it can connect to the junction box wires. then the room sat part of the wireless stat can go wherever you like. javascript:emoticon(':D')

The room stat does not have a permanent live which is needed for the wireless stat receiver. so the receiver needs to be put where it can connect to the junction box wires. then the room sat part of the wireless stat can go wherever you like. javascript:emoticon(':D')

so is the answer to my question "NO"?

Thanks.

Its a vaillant ecotec plus condensing biloer but not a combi, i still have a water cylinder with immersion, but the boiler does heat the hot water in the copper tank.

i have a honeywell st6400c controller and a tstat that has towerstat rsd written on the front. How many wires??????????? dont know

Does that help??

are you sure the boiler doesnt heat your copper cylinder ????? that would be very unusual as you have a 2 channel programmer, and no is the answer to your Tstat question

Thanks.

Does that help??

are you sure the boiler doesnt heat your copper cylinder ????? that would be very unusual as you have a 2 channel programmer, and no is the answer to your Tstat question

i am sure it does, as clearly stated!

Thanks.

Does that help??

My apologies I thought that said does not heat

i am sure it does, as clearly stated!

so is the answer to my question "NO"?

sorry didn't realise you wanted a yes or no answer.. no

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back