Revoke Article 50 Petition crashed by volume of traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not reasonable to make some serious claim somebody is lying when anybody living in the real world can see he said it as a joke

Sadly the joke flew a mile over your head
He is utterly incapable of grasping humour,,at all,ever,in any way shape or form.

Sponsored Links
I expect we'll soon see EFLI trying to claim that the only meaning we can ascribe to "fellow" is that of an academic teaching position in a university.
I expect we will see BAS agreeing with JohnD -that it is an American term not commonly used in the UK

poor old BAS wrong again :cry:

Sponsored Links
And obviously you will once again be a huge prat trying to claim that words can only ever mean what you want them too.

You'll even be so shamefully pathetic and egregiously offensive as to think you can validly look at part of a term and claim that defines the whole term. There's essentially no difference between you and Winston in your insulting madness. He refuses to see the word "electronic", you refuse to see "fellow".

It's "fellow traveller", EFLI - don't be a f***wit.
Oh dear oh dear

BAS has thrown his toys out and resorts to insults

Why?

Poor chap can't cope with admitting he is wrong :ROFLMAO:

Perhaps BAS should move to America where he can be understood (y)

noun
  • 1A person who travels with another.

‘the flight attendant asked my fellow travellers to turn off their phones’
1.1 A person who is not a member of a particular group or political party (especially the Communist Party), but who sympathizes with the group's aims and policies.
‘he was certainly a fellow traveller—in the political context of the Thirties this was unremarkable’

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fellow_traveller

noun [countable]
WordForms.gif

Synonyms Contribute to our Open Dictionary

1. 1
    a person who travels with someone else
    Synonyms and related words
    People who travel:backpacker, bird of passage, business traveller...
    Explore Thesaurus
  2. 2
    someone who supports a political party, especially the Communist party, but is not a member of it

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/fellow-traveller

noun [countable]
WordForms.gif

Synonyms Contribute to our Open Dictionary

1. 1
    a person who travels with someone else
    Synonyms and related words
    People who travel:backpacker, bird of passage, business traveller...
    Explore Thesaurus
  2. 2
    someone who supports a political party, especially the Communist party, but is not a member of it

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/fellow-traveller

Oh look JohnD fails again

Bless

I said fellow traveller is not a term used commonly in the UK.
Since when is a dictionary an arbiter of commonly used terms.

Oh wait a minute, thats right, a dictionary is a collection of all words and terms: ie from common to the most incredibly obscure.

Perhaps JohnD thinks the average person reads a dictionary from cover to cover to glean all those common phrases :ROFLMAO:

Ok -

so Bas was implying that Vinty, durhamplumber and andy11 are communist sympathisers.

My mistake.

Notch cannot comprehend why people resort to insult, when he refuses to accept the absolute obvious, and repeats his absurd assertion time and time again, despite numerous proofs that he is not only wrong, but wrong in the face of such obvious, clear, undeniable evidence.

Ok -

so Bas was implying that Vinty, durhamplumber and andy11 are communist sympathisers.

My mistake.
Is that like bodd suggesting BAS supports mistreating employees?
Obvious and blatantly false, but that doesn't bother you, just like it doesn't bother bodd or notch to make obvious, and distorted assumptions from innocuous comments.

Or maybe ELFImpudence has forgotten how to use a dictionary and is relying on his ever so fallible memory.

Last edited:
Notch cannot comprehend why people resort to insult, when he refuses to accept the absolute obvious, and repeats his absurd assertion time and time again, despite numerous proofs that he is not only wrong, but wrong in the face of such obvious, clear, undeniable evidence.
Ha ha

If you want to add to the discussion, provide your argument.

Oh thats right, you cant.

Well done old bean :ROFLMAO:

Apart from on here, I have never heard the phrase "fellow travellers" used for anything other than to describe persons sharing a common journey from physical place A, to physical place B.

Oh dear oh dear

BAS has thrown his toys out and resorts to insults

Why?
Becaue EFLI flatly refuses to accept that there is a term "fellow traveller" whose meaning is quite clear, and thinks that he can justify his refusal by quoting definitions of one of the words in it, unmodified by the word he chooses to omit. Just like Winston and his "electronic transformer" obsession he insults everybody here by assuming that they will be stupid enough to think he is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back