Revoke Article 50 Petition crashed by volume of traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"FELLOW traveller", Notch, "FELLOW traveller" - a phrase, not just one of the words in it in isolation.

Are you going to keep on doing this, over and over again, every time I use the phrase, despite what you have been taught here?

Sponsored Links
Not really
So despite what you have learnt here, you are going to continue to pretend that it means something else, and you are going to keep on making the same fuss every time I use it.

Are there no limits on how pathetically you will behave?

there are some here who still want to pretend that it is impossible so that they can pretend that I cannot have meant anything except "traveller" in the pejorative British English sense, or that I mean Communist Party sympathisers.

Don't be surprised if, despite the clarifications in the past, despite the references to the definition, and despite the way their allegations have been refuted in this topic, they try the same things all over again the next time I use the term.

Sponsored Links
Not really: the term "traveller" is almost exclusively used pejoratively in this country.
Not under discussion. Don't conflate the argument with irrelevance.

If / when it becomes more commonly used in BAS' claimed context, then yes.
Did BAS use the term 'traveller', or the term 'fellow traveller'?
Simple question requiring a simple binary answer.
You have already agreed that 'fellow traveller' could easily be used in the context that BAS used it, but you persist in denying the unadorned truth.
You are demonstrating the ability to distort the discussion, just like notch. Your distortion is just as palpably obvious.

So despite what you have learnt here, you are going to continue to pretend that it means something else, and you are going to keep on making the same fuss every time I use it.

Notch and brigadier are obviously fellow travellers!

I never pretended anything; just stated that I hadn't heard that usage before.

You are not at all good at this, are you?

Not under discussion. Don't conflate the argument with irrelevance.

Did BAS use the term 'traveller', or the term 'fellow traveller'?
Simple question requiring a simple binary answer.
You have already agreed that 'fellow traveller' could easily be used in the context that BAS used it, but you persist in denying the unadorned truth.
You are demonstrating the ability to distort the discussion, just like notch. Your distortion is just as palpably obvious.

You are not at all good at this, are you?

And you are a tool (which of the very common usages of "tool" you wish to convince yourself I mean by that, is entirely up to you. As will others(y))
Typical behaviour from someone who fails miserably to distort the truth, so resorts to insults.

So now you have.
You will appreciate that both yours and notch's attempts to distort the truth were exactly that, attempts to distort the truth and allege that BAS was using pejorative terms when he absolutely was not. Yet you still cannot bring yourself to accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back