High Court Proceedings over Article 50

Last time i looked the EU had a far higher population than India.
Ha ha, very amusing, you are suggesting that the entire population of the EU wants to come to the UK. What next? Are you going to try to tell us that Turkey is about to join, and that the existing 28-1 EU member states do not all have the power to veto it?

. Who knows what the economic situation will be 5-10-20 yrs from now.
You're right, young Britons are already realising that it will be difficult for them to work in other European nations in a few years time, or to go to scientific and research establishments or universities in Europe. Perhaps in 5-10-20 years they will have another referendum

The old Quitters may find it harder to retire to the Costa del Sol or Normandy. Who know what rules on Income Tax, Wealth Tax, Inheritance Tax and Property Ownership will be applied to foreign nationals from outside the EU, EEA and EFTA.

I wonder how long it will take for a million old Quitters to die, and a million young Remainers to reach voting age.

answer:
About 2 years.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ha ha, very amusing, you are suggesting that the entire population of the EU wants to come to the UK. What next? Are you going to try to tell us that Turkey is about to join, and that the existing 28-1 EU member states do not all have the power to veto it?
Not sure why any Indians would want to emigrate to the UK considering their buoyant economy, infact i struggle to see why anyone else would, for that matter. Perhaps you also included other asian countries under that umbrella.
No, i can't see Turkey meeting the criteria to join the EU any time soon. So that doesn't concern me personally.

. Who knows what the economic situation will be 5-10-20 yrs from now.
You're right, young Britons are already realising that it will be difficult for them to work in other European nations in a few years time, or to go to scientific and research establishments or universities in Europe. Perhaps in 5-10-20 years they will have another referendum

The old Quitters may find it harder to retire to the Costa del Sol or Normandy. Who know what rules on Income Tax, Wealth Tax, Inheritance Tax and Property Ownership will be applied to foreign nationals from outside the EU, EEA and EFTA.

I wonder how long it will take for a million old Quitters to die, and a million young Remainers to reach voting age.

answer:
About 2 years.

It will probably take 10-20 years to extract ourselves from the eu entanglement. And you think that by that time a second referendum will see us re-join?
You must still be in a state of mourning. In another year or so you will get over it.
That's not even factoring in just how well the UK will prosper in the next 10 - 20 years (which is impossible) and of course the eu as we currently know it might not even exist in 20 years.

Last edited:
It will probably take 10-20 years to extract ourselves from the eu entanglement. And you think that by that time a second referendum will see us re-join?

Do you think so?

Nobody knows.

Nobody knows how long it will take us to be ready to leave; how long it will take us to establish new treaties, and nobody knows how long it will take us to settle down into the new normal. Nobody knows how much worse or better off we will be. Nobody knows what will happen to the EU within those periods. Nobody knows what the citizens of the UK; or England, and Scotland, and Wales, and Northern Ireland individually or in combinations or unions, may decide to do in those periods or, having decided, how long it will take them to establish independent nationhood.

Sponsored Links
The negotiating will be tough because the eu leaders, the nice people that they are, will want to make an example of the UK to discourage others from leaving.

Knowsnowt you mean like Australia and America and now switzerland closing their borders to immigrants and they're the laughing stocks of thd world .....yeah right.
The USA, Switzerland and Australia no longer allow immigration? Since when? Lols, the USA and Australia were founded upon it.
A country, is a bit like a family.

Knowsnowt you mean like Australia and America and now switzerland closing their borders to immigrants and they're the laughing stocks of thd world .....yeah right.

Those countries are lucky as they are not controlled by an unelected group seeking to dominate them.

Last edited:
The negotiating will be tough because...

...because as yet, the UK has not decided what it wants, or which of the contradictory claims by the Quitters should be given priority.

And we do not have the competent negotiators capable of doing the job.

Once we have recruited our trainee international negotiators, and they have started to learn the job, the Government can try to puzzle out what its objectives are, and instruct the inexperienced negotiators what they should try to achieve.
https://www.politicshome.com/news/e...rnment-has-no-trade-negotiators-former-brexit

http://www.economist.com/news/brita...itain-have-enough-pen-pushers-building-brexit

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ldwide-hunt-for-trade-negotiators-experts-wa/

So far we haven't even agreed which of the five outcomes we should be aiming for. Not even the Quitters on here can pick a preferred option as their target.

The Uk has decided what it wants. We had a referendum and the majority voted leave.

This idea about brexit being voted down by parliment seems to be coming from zealous remain fanatics.
Can't see it happening. There would be mayhem.

This idea about brexit being voted down by parliment seems to be coming from zealous remain fanatics.
Can't see it happening. There would be mayhem.
The courts will decide whether the government have the right.

Sponsored Links
Back