Revoke Article 50 Petition crashed by volume of traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at a tin or packet of Hot Dogs in UK, you generally won't find the words "meat" or "sausage" or "pork" on them.

That's because the slurry they are made of does not meet the standards required.

I have in front of me a jar of German Bockwurst (a fair equivalent). The label says "pork sausages"

Ingredients:
Pork 70%
Water
Salt
Spices
Sugar
etc
(no artificial colours, flavourings etc)

Once we've abandoned EU quality standards, I expect the US will say it is an unfair non-tariff barrier and insist we open our markets to the revolting American Wiener.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hot dog German sausage Bockwurst
Ingredients pork, veal, bacon, water, iodine salt, , spices, lactose, Dextrose, saccharose, Maltdextrin, stabilizer E450, antioxidant: E300, E330 taste amplifier E621, preservative E250.

Weight: aprox 300g 2 x pack

Contains lactose, mustard

Made in Germany.
Germany make hot dogs just like us with flavouring too, but also use veal in bockwurst.

Afaik the 7 year long trade talks between the US and the EU that went pear shaped was over hot dogs ?

7 years :LOL: and they agreed to disagree :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If you look at a tin or packet of Hot Dogs in UK, you generally won't find the words "meat" or "sausage" or "pork" on them.

That's because the slurry they are made of does not meet the standards required.

I have in front of me a jar of German Bockwurst (a fair equivalent). The label says "pork sausages"

Ingredients:
Pork 70%
Water
Salt
Spices
Sugar
etc
(no artificial colours, flavourings etc)

Once we've abandoned EU quality standards, I expect the US will say it is an unfair non-tariff barrier and insist we open our markets to the revolting American Wiener.

Abandon EU quality standards:( does that mean no more horsemeat from Tesco's.

I haven’t done too bad for myself for an uneducated thicko. Been responsible for my own employment for the last 32 years and I own outright my own business premises. My 'generalisation' is from seeing with my own eyes all my children’s university educated friends (with the exception of one of them) gaining their degrees in feckology and ending up working full time in the same stores that they worked part time in when they were home on leave from uni. Argos, Sainsbury, Next, Boots. Not one of them has a job in any way related to the degree they took. I take it you have a degree? What’s it in and what do you do for a living?

So your conclusion is based on a handful of cases and you said they lacked common sense.

The problem is that for many Uni is the only option available post 18 as there is a lack of apprenticeships and trainee positions.

So we have a situation where Uni expanded creating courses that had a mismatch with what employers wanted.

So kids get into huge debt only to end up with low wage jobs, there debt is likely not to be paid off so the Gov will end up carrying that cost.

Its typical idiotic policy of the Tory government that raising tuition fees and cutting further education funding will lead to higher costs.

Do you have to be in this country to sign or can any Tom Dick or Demitri sign??

So kids get into huge debt only to end up with low wage jobs, there debt is likely not to be paid off so the Gov will end up carrying that cost.
Well, I can’t speak for others but of the ones I knew, all fees, food and lodging was mainly paid for by the parents. I know this is not the case generally though but I think most of those parents cough up to get that £20k picture on the mantlepiece for visitors to their home to see - you know, the one with their son/daughter dressed in a gown, smiling and clutching their worthless degree....

This has just jogged my memory - ellal never did answer my question as to whether he had a degree and whether it was relevant to his current employment.

Well, I can’t speak for others but of the ones I knew, all fees, food and lodging was mainly paid for by the parents. I know this is not the case generally though but I think most of those parents cough up to get that £20k picture on the mantlepiece for visitors to their home to see - you know, the one with their son/daughter dressed in a gown, smiling and clutching their worthless degree....

This has just jogged my memory - ellal never did answer my question as to whether he had a degree and whether it was relevant to his current employment.
Universities have been privatised, the system is driven by self interest.

The government should provide grants for the most vocational degrees.

My niece did a degree in radiography. On her course the employment rate after graduation was about 95% - thats employment in a radiography field.

That’s very good. My main line of work these days is in vocational education. I own a business training disadvantaged/excluded/right 'erberts motor vehicle/motorcycle qualifications/cycle vocational qualifications. Only introduction type courses but all my courses are City & Guilds approved. Big demand from my main purchaser and they are asking me for similar stuff in plumbing/plastering/painting/decorating/tiling/electrical etc. All the stuff schools used to provide when I was at school nearly 50 years ago. Trouble is, I wanna retire!

That’s very good. My main line of work these days is in vocational education. I own a business training disadvantaged/excluded/right 'erberts motor vehicle/motorcycle qualifications/cycle vocational qualifications. Only introduction type courses but all my courses are City & Guilds approved. Big demand from my main purchaser and they are asking me for similar stuff in plumbing/plastering/painting/decorating/tiling/electrical etc. All the stuff schools used to provide when I was at school nearly 50 years ago. Trouble is, I wanna retire!

You make an excellent point. Schools Upton 16 should provide high quality basic education and then the Gov has failed miserably.

Why do we love to follow the US model in higher education even though its downsides were known.

Now we have Unis chasing foreign students as they can charge them double fees. On top we have research departments becoming visa factories taking on PhD students.

And which group make the largest number of illegal immigrants - these visa overstayers.

Theresa when she was a horrible Home Sec essentially put the responsibility of checking the visa status of these overstayers onto employers.

Yet people will still vote for this horrible government.

My only real major criticism of the current gov is its ideological need to privatise and contract out everything and idiotic cuts for no reason.

From Schools to Hospitals to Prisons crazy expensive PFI contracts. Councils going bankrupt after they contracted out the vast majority of their services.

The use of private companies to assess benefits which on appeal end up being overturned and costing more.

The broken railway system an idiotic push to privatise.

We pay more for less. Leading to rising inequality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back