Rewire cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any sparks on here that can give a rough estimate on the cost to rewire a 3 bed house with dining room and garage.. just a rough idea.... already had a quote of 8k...I know its hard to price without seeing it in the flesh but any thoughts are appreciated

Sponsored Links
Minimum £5k for the absolute minimum quantities of basic items.
Significantly more for decent installation.

Minimum £5k for the absolute minimum quantities of basic items.
Significantly more for decent installation.

Thanks for the reply and your time....its a bit more than a basic install.... we're getting outdoor pir floodlight extra sockets plus smoke alarms and heat sensors....I really like the guy that gave us the quote but just trying to get ideas...

I had to get mothers house rewired, in North Wales, and about as basic as you could get, was just under £3k, most estimates were over £5k, but I went for basic one for speed, and two as not sure what I was going to do with the house, move in and look after mother, rent it, or sell it.

I did all making good after the rewire.

Sponsored Links
You’ve got one quote. Get two more. The price will vary depending on your location which we don’t know.

It's impossible to quote. Location has some impact, but there are so many other factors (number of circuits, will the property be occupied, how many estimated days and so on) that affect the price. As advised get another couple of quotes.

are they chasing the cables in the walls, or putting it in conduit?

That presumably depends on whether or not the existing conduit is buried and, if it is, whether new cables can be run through it?

Kind Regards, John

Does it matter? Take the old **** out and install new..

Conduit on the walls just looks awful and a half arsed job has been done by a local council or dodgy landlord

Mate of mine has paid £4K for detached three bed, Rewire + swa connection to garage inc smoke alarms.

House was not plastered until they had finished. Electrician is registered and signed off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back