rewire pricing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what would you guys charge to rewire a 2 bed flat in central london? it has 13 outlets and around 8 switchs. it's occupied aswell..

how long is a piece of string

also see 9

Sponsored Links
i'm afraid you'll get slapped down for asking for prices here, they don't like it.

Price would vary wildly depending on how hard the job is though.

if you were to read the Rules you would know, also the moderator has left you a note

But since the rules have slightly changed, i would say an extortionate amount (maybe £10k, who knows)

but what has to be taken into consideration is the following

you said
what would you guys charge to rewire a 2 bed flat in central london? it has 13 outlets and around 8 switchs. it's occupied aswell..

"problems "
you are asking for a price on a forum, where most people do not live in or near London (so prices will be wrong)

you forgot (dont know probably) that for some one to come from outside of London (as you have asked as most of us dont live in london)

They would have to pay the following

£8 / day congestion charge

£5-10 an hour parking (assuming they could get some where to park)

Lets say the job gets done in 2 weeks that will be £880 in parking and congestion charges alone *

That is before wages and materials, did i mention hotel bill?

Unless some one doesnt live that far away they will have to stay in a hotel lets say £100 /night) that is another £ 1k on the bill and we still havent mentioned wages

Because the place will be occupied (you did say so) this means that the job will take longer becuse of being in the way moving furniture about etc,

Now people may think my reasoning silly, but you have asked on a forum for a quote for a job no one can see, no idea how easy it is to get to job (you may be on 4th floor flat, with no lift) in CENTRAL LONDON , this is based on the fact that some one from outside the area quotes, if it isnt then you can knock hotel bills off, the remainder stands.

Or just ask some one more local to you for a quote or 3 (so they can actually see the job, oh and find parking space, pay cc)

I say bring back item 9 as it was

(*8 hour day, (8 x £10)+ £8 congestion charge= £88 / day x 10 days = £880

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
I say bring back item 9 as it was
Why? You don't have to answer such questions if you don't want to, and it's possible that some could be less undefined than the one above.

As someone who lived in "Central London", I would also like to add to Breezer's post the fact that "Central London" is not particularly descriptive and depending on which area of central London, or even the street, you will be charged wildly different amounts.

How intelligent is the censor-software? Could it look for the words "price" and a place name, and then block it? :LOL:

Can I make a suggestion that 13 outlets seems a little sparse for a 2-bed flat. Have a think about what you want/need from plug sockets and light-switches: could you do with having 2-way switching on a light that doesn't yet have it? Are you forced to use extension leads to have your TV in the right place? Issues like this could be rectified more easily and cheaply as part of the rewire contract than if you were to get them done separately, later on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back