Rhinofloor range - relative durability & comfort

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our bathroom flooring needs replacing - we're planning to whip out the grotty old carpet and put some vinyl down instead. Trouble is, the design we like the best is from the Rhinofloor XL Supergrip range, which only has a relatively thin backing and wear layer, and a 5 year guarantee compared to 10 or 15 on their other ranges. I'm uneasy about that, but we're really not as keen on the designs in the other ranges. Does anyone have experience with XL Supergrip and can comment on how good (or otherwise) it is?

Durability aside, I'm also wondering if it would cope with being laid on floorboards, with it being only 2mm thick.

As a side issue, the toilet has been fitted on top of the carpet rather than the carpet being fitted around the base of the toilet, so that will pose an extra challenge - i.e. do we just cut round the base of the toilet and fit the vinyl around it, or will we need to put some plywood down to avoid a potential difference in height and messy finish (although the weight of the toilet must have compressed the carpet underneath quite a lot)? Tricky one.

Any thoughts / experience shared would be appreciated - thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back