Ringing 999, and what for?

M

Mickymoody

I was on this site last night, and heard a cry from downstairs, to find my partner in a heap, blood everywhere, possibly what you would describe as a murder scene in a film...

She has gauze fitted inside her ear, from an operation, that effects her balance, and has been told to lay of colestorol heavy foods, well, the day before she had a mixed grill, and the day sausage...not good. The effect of that is that she collapsed, smashed into a table, destroying it, had a deep cut in her head, that was pouring, inch wide, and looked inch deep..

Called up the 999, they were there, in 5 minutes, as my body is racing, before I got off the phone, spent all night in A&E, never called 999 before in my life!

6 stiches later, and a black eye, and neck pain, due to whiplash?

First time I ever called 999, have you? and what for?

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear that, hope she's ok.

I've used it for three RTA's (One which happened alongside me and was quite upsetting - the guy eventually made it, but was in ICU for months), two car fires, five horse rider falls (including my wife who broke her pelvis) and four other medical (two this year). Oh, and one police about an abusive gang of youths causing damage.

Every time the handlers are fast, professional and efficient. Same goes for the various response crews, including the air ambulance!

I also got called back once by them - apparently I'd pocket-dialled 999 with the mobile. Made damn sure I put the keyguard on after that!

I've dialled 999 quite a few times - I used to end up calling them quite a lot as I lived right next to a busy road junction and there were frequently RTCs on it. The only other time was to report a grass verge that was on fire by the side of a country road a few years ago - but that went out on its own before the fire engine turned up!!

Never had to call them luckily.

I did have to call my doctor's surgery recently to find out where the nearest A+E is (I'm at Uni in a different city so had no idea). Apart from the main hospital the receptionists had no idea whether or not any others had an A+E department. Nice.

Sponsored Links
Drove over a plank of wood doing 80MPH in the fast lane of the M6 at night

Swiftly pulled over to report

Got a call next day informing me that they did actually recover a piece of wood off the motorway

Now, had I been on the M60 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hope she is ok mate

rang them last year as my other half thought was having heart attack in middle of the night, the Ambulance service were fantastic

In my hometown of Coleraine recently 3 yobs causing havoc in middle of night, a resident rang 999 twice and after over an hour he went out and confronted them, long story short he slap one and then got hit by a bottle, police turned up 2 hours after 1st call and calmed the situation down and warned him for hitting the thug, the you who threw the bottle was sent on his way

, and has been told to lay of colestorol heavy foods, well, the day before she had a mixed grill,

Mick, is this classed as low cholesterol health food up north? ;) Hope your partner recovers soon.

Last time I dialled 999 is when a neighbour's Staffy broke a cyclists collar bone. No, this is not one particularly hard Staffy.......let me explain.

Whilst my neighbour was away a couple of years ago, I used to look after their dog. On a Sunday afternoon we went walking in the woods, and could see a cyclist riding towards us.

As the cyclist gets closer, Staffy decides to run up to the bike, and stops in front of the bike. The cyclist stops quickly to avoid running the dog over, but for some reason I can't fathom, the cyclist didn't put his feet down, and toppled over to his right side.

I heard the noise as he hit the ground hard, and knew he had done some damage. Called 999, and made the bloke comfortable until the ambulance arrived. Luckily, he was a dog owner, and was quite good about it.

I called them some years ago, after the butchers shop (next door at the time) was broken into. I actually called them before the alarm went off as I could hear them trying to break the back door in. Police promised to send someone straight away. Waited 20 mins till the alarm stopped ringing then got back in bed. An hour later, the police were banging on our door to take statements. I gave them a description of the chap and car he got into with a partial registration number. plus I had noticed one brake light wasn't working.
A few days later, I was driving behind a car which fitted the description, had a brake light out and even had the partial registration number. Rang the police , who took absolutely no interest at all. :cry:

If you're told by a doctor not to do something, especially after an operation, you do not do it.

But we're all human and we live & learn. My ingrowing toenail is ingrowing again because I ignored the doctor's advice after she removed it. :LOL:

Hope your missus gets better soon!

If you're told by a doctor not to do something, especially after an operation, you do not do it.

But we're all human and we live & learn. My ingrowing toenail is ingrowing again because I ignored the doctor's advice after she removed it. :LOL:

Hope your missus gets better soon![/quote]

As previously pointed out earlier in the thread, my partner Michelle, as my user name is inflected by, is strong willed. To people in authority, she can be quite confrontational, to the point where her Doctor said, against medical advice, DON'T give up smoking. She has a operation on her ear, that is either going to cause her to go totally deaf, or completely cure her hearing fault, but neither was acheived. (Obviously needing the operation in both ears, but having to pay to have the second ear done), She has often said to me, after I've quoted some of the totally idiotic comments that certain people make on here, that she will join up, and put people in their place, she once boycotted a shop and turned customers away, at the risk of being arrested, you don't mess with her, and we have recently got engaged, but without the usual pomp, just get it done, we've been together for 13 years.

She's taking a dose of antibiotics, has a patch on her head, and has a closed eye, with a proper shiner of a black eye, and neck pain. For those that have enquired. To the others, Muslim references, knock some sense in, the pen is mightier than the sword someone once said, when you are tapping away, you don't/can't see how that comment will come across, or be construed, but comments on this thread, just seem abusive and rude, for no reason whatsoever.

I told a tale of what my experience has been, and asked for your response, if you are in that situation, as a support I guess? A page or more have their own agenda.

My posts aren't make believe, made up, they happen. Look at yourselves, with your cosy lives.

No offense to genuine posters, we all know who the idiot posters are, and their followers. Give it a rest.

We are all entitled to our opinions. Thats one of the beauties of living in a democracy.

We are all also entitled not to have to put up with the personal insults bandied about 'willy-nilly' by certain posters on this site.

If you can't show some empathy towards another fellow human beings suffering/worries and insist on directing personal insults to someone who posts on here or their partner, who doesn't post on here, then do you really possess the intelligence to participate in a public forum?

Personally I think not.

Look at it this way, how would you feel if you posted about your partner having an accident and some faceless poster slagged her/him off by calling them stupid?

It must be so hard being perfect.

Micky, tell your fiancée that most of us decent ones on here wish her well for a speedy recovery.

Because outsiders looking in with a view to joining could be put off enrolling.

Criticism, where constructive or warranted, is a good thing.
But personal insults to other members or their partners/families is totally unnecessary and brings the reputation of the site in to question.

Yes I agree.

Moderation is somewhat erratic with no consistency.

Because outsiders looking in with a view to joining could be put off enrolling.

I doubt it, most joiners enroll to 'use' the forum to help with an issue so usually visit roofing, electrics etc. I was always on a car forum when I was building my kit car and never went into their Non-motoring discussion which incidentally was worse than this one :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back