RIP Geronimo

Sponsored Links
I've worked on farms occasionally but I try to avoid them if poss, I'm just not 'hard' enough. Hearing cows or sheep crying hysterically when their young are taken away is something that's reduced me to tears a few times.

Sponsored Links
I went to quote for a job in an abattoir once, I politely declined saying I was too busy

Abbatoir.jpg

I'm in two minds about this, in that the owner and previous owner claim that the positive result is due to an inoculation?

I'm not 100% sure that Bovine TB is given to cows by badgers- or given to badgers by cows.
Why don't they just inoculate the dairy herds?

One side claims that milk/beef from vaccinated herds cannot be distinguished from infected. Therefore not able to be imported to the EU.
But given Brexit, most of our beef and diary won't be going anywhere, plus since BSE, animals have I'd numbers that supermarkets claim can identify the exact animal

Unfortunately given that TB can be passed onto humans our defence being to vaccinate and eradicate.
Entire herds of cows are slaughtered when they get it, leaving farmers with nothing.

As much as I like cute alpacas etc. to defend us against TB we need to take these drastic albeit draconian steps.

Unfortunately given that TB can be passed onto humans our defence being to vaccinate and eradicate.
Entire herds of cows are slaughtered when they get it, leaving farmers with nothing.

As much as I like cute alpacas etc. to defend us against TB we need to take these drastic albeit draconian steps.
Not quite they are compensated by the government up to £1100 per head

How many pigs does it take to 'arrest' an Alpaca?

Don't kids get the BCG any more?
I'm sure that it stops TB?

And as said, either/both inoculate cattle and/or badgers.
If you can shoot badgers, it can't be hard to either inject or scatter some kind of laced bait.

Don't kids get the BCG any more?
I'm sure that it stops TB?
Not totally effective, especially if given as an adult.
I still have a very faint circular scar from the 'tester jab' that preceded the main one...
If you can shoot badgers, it can't be hard to either inject or scatter some kind of laced bait.
Scatter laced bait?
And risk killing other wildlife?

Sponsored Links
Back