Rogue Traders

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'd have thought roughly £200/300 for that job!

Hence why I wont be getting a leccy in.

Sure, this is a DIY forum. You do not need an electrician to do ANY electrical works in your own home.

All you do need to do is to be competent, comply with various lumps of regulations, test what you have done and properly document it.

There are some sizeable costs that you have to make to achieve this. I would suggest that these would be more than £200-300.

What sizeable costs? apart from a tester ( that can be hired by the day )

Page 9 of Part P

"i. The installation of equipment attached to the outside wall of a house (for example security lighting, air conditioning equipment and radon fans) is not notifiable provided that there are no exposed connections and the work does not involve the installation of a new circuit or the extension of a circuit in a kitchen or special location or associated with a special location."

The expert suggested this was a £60 job :!:

Agreed, non notifiable.

What exactly makes this guy an expert anyway?

£60 could possibly be acceptable for the socket alone. But installing an outside light where no existing wiring is in place can't surely be done fron scratch for this money???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back