RoI rejects religion...

Sponsored Links
The people that cared about the issue (the gays) voted.

The people who couldn't care less didn't.

It was a foregone conclusion.

I still don't like to watch men kissing, mind.

Are you saying that 62% of more than 60% (more than 36%) of the Irish are gay?

My posting was more interested in the religious part being altered thus rendering the remainder questionable.

I don't care what they do to each other. I just think it's unnatural, that's all.

And where have I said they should be discriminated against? Call me a traditionalist, or even a dinosaur, but my opinion is that the definition of 'marriage' should not be changed simply to make a minority feel happier. It isn't necessary. Should we also change the definition of a man, or that of a woman?

Sponsored Links
You are wrong

??? Of course it's unnatural. If the human race all turner gay tomorrow we'd be extinct within 70 years. A gay marriage/relationship, just has to be a sterile relationship (think about that before you answer, ,,, and please don't say the human race could use technological/ scientific advances,,, because they just ain't natural. ) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I have nothing against gays/homosexuals, but I do have a problem with those who go against nature (see above ,, re sterile relationships for the reason)

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
You are wrong

??? Of course it's unnatural. If the human race all turner gay tomorrow we'd be extinct within 70 years. A gay marriage/relationship, just has to be a sterile relationship (think about that before you answer, ,,, and please don't say the human race could use technological/ scientific advances,,, because they just ain't natural. ) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I have nothing against gays/homosexuals, but I do have a problem with those who go against nature (see above ,, re sterile relationships for the reason)

According to you, being gay is unnatural.

You don't have a problem with gays, only those who go against 'nature'.

Doesn't your statement contradict itself?

If you are a bigot, why dance around the issue? Just say you don't like gays?

I don't get why so many people have such strong feelings about the relationships of other people. Why does it concern you so?

Why should people be discriminated against for something which people have no choice?

Why should people be discriminated against for something which people have no choice?

Gasman,,, whether you like it or not, we all discriminate. Look round this forum, we have people who discriminate against other on religious grounds (hot topic at times)
We're human, there's always choices... I merely pointed out that homosexual relationships are naturally sterile,,, and therefore go against nature. (hence unnatural)

You don't have a problem with gays
Not at all. ..... I do however have a problem with those who strive to ram , homosexuality down our throats (in the media ,,,, metaphorically speaking) ;) ;)

Just because some other species in the natural world exhibit such behaviour, I don't think that automatically makes such behaviour natural unless you are restricting the meaning of the word to 'something which occurs in nature'.

If we restricted the meaning of the word 'natural' in that way, there would be a multitude of behaviours which can be found in nature but which the average person wouldn't say were 'natural'.

Personally, what people wish to do in private is a matter for them but I remain unconvinced that placing a penis inside a body orifice other than the vagina can be termed as 'natural' in the sense that it is not its intended purpose. That goes for a woman just as much as a man BTW.

It is, of course, a matter of semantics as to what is termed as 'natural' but I don't consider that a person who thinks of the act as 'unnatural' is necessarily prejudiced. They simply don't see the act as 'natural'.

Do the females of those 1500 species have lesbian tendencies or is it just the males of the species finding a way of emptying there sacks as opposed to actual homosexual behaviour :?:

Why at some people so concerned at what other consenting adults get up to in bed?

I think it was a great result in ROI for acceptance.

If you are a Christian who thinks homosexuality is a 'sin' then you should also be punished if you wear clothes of mixed fibres. Not much consistency there...

If you are non religious then why does it bother you?

This 'sterile' argument is ridiculous. Should childless marriages be annulled?

Should women over 40 not marry men with low sperm counts.

Irrational bigotry is not natural...it's learned behaviour.

I don't care what they do to each other. I just think it's unnatural, that's all.

And where have I said they should be discriminated against? Call me a traditionalist, or even a dinosaur, but my opinion is that the definition of 'marriage' should not be changed simply to make a minority feel happier. It isn't necessary. Should we also change the definition of a man, or that of a woman?

But in ROI it's made the MAJORITY feel happier about the society they live in.

Defining man or woman is irrelevant ?

Sponsored Links
Back