Roof tile colours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are having some work carried out on our roof in the next few weeks. Their are roofers in the family doing the work for us. To save time keep coming down he's asked me what are the colours of the roof tiles and ridges. In the pictures attached it appears to me the ridges are terracotta/red brick colour. The roof tiles I can't tell if they're dark or if they're terracotta but badly weathered? The house is a 1930s/40s semi. The old type felt underneath. Just wondering if any roofers know of the usual tile used back then and colour. I'm assuming clay type tile

Attachments

• 20190422_082416.jpg
    20190422_082416.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 91
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Should I tell them to give all the dirty tiles a clean or hose down while they're up there

Should I tell them to give all the dirty tiles a clean or hose down while they're up there

Only ever clean the tiles by hand, using a hose will not do anything and a pressure washer will do more damage than good.

We are having some work carried out on our roof in the next few weeks. Their are roofers in the family doing the work for us. To save time keep coming down he's asked me what are the colours of the roof tiles and ridges. In the pictures attached it appears to me the ridges are terracotta/red brick colour. The roof tiles I can't tell if they're dark or if they're terracotta but badly weathered? The house is a 1930s/40s semi. The old type felt underneath. Just wondering if any roofers know of the usual tile used back then and colour. I'm assuming clay type tile
If they are original tiles (over 80 years old) consider replacement, any repairs won’t last long .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back