1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Roofing Standards on current Job

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by Hailsy, 2 Jul 2021.

1. Hailsy

Hailsy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi

We’re mid way through our house roof being replaced by roofer I’ve used before but am starting to be a little nervous about some of the standards I’m seeing so far?

Firstly they’ve just fitted a small velux and whilst I can see the flashing needs trimming in the valley the tiles on the right, one in particular runs short and you can see the lip which presumably should be a clean cut edge.

see photo

Secondly many of the verge tiles run short of the end of the verge.

Have they started in the wrong position?

shouldn’t they be a straight neat line and whilst we will be using a dry verge system (caps) I’m concerned they won’t cover sufficiently?

Also we are considering asking for a continuous dry verge instead of caps (we think this will look better) and I know this might be a bigger issue to install due to gaps?

finally the cuts to the valley tiles where they converge over lead, is this a good standard of finish that you’d expect? Obviously cut with a still saw.

appreciate any feedback as it’s starting to do my head in as we’re spending a lot on the roof and I just want it to look 100%

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links