RSJ Bearing question - do I need to fix?

How can you say my statement is wrong its a statement of fact, see the OP 5th line down
RSJ - 2 * 203 x133 UB
Funny old world with funny old people

Do you know what a statement of fact is, vs an incorrect statement

At this point it's probably best you state your qualifications, as at least 2 relevantly qualified and experienced people have replied to this thread, contradicting you.....

Sponsored Links
RSJ is a colloquial term used by builders to describe pretty much any UB or UC section. But the term is wrong, exactly as Tony says a few replies ago.

You’d expect the steel supplier to know better, but maybe they use the term, RSJ, as it’s what your average builder knows and understands UC and UB sections to be.

RSJ is a colloquial term used by builders to describe pretty much any UB or UC section. But the term is wrong, exactly as Tony says a few replies ago.

You’d expect the steel supplier to know better, but maybe they use the term, RSJ, as it’s what your average builder knows and understands UC and UB sections to be.

I'm building my own extension.... as soon as the engineer specified a UB & a UC, I looked it up, found out what they meant, and from that point on referred to them by the correct name. If a builder can't do that, well.....

Do you know what a statement of fact is, vs an incorrect statement

At this point it's probably best you state your qualifications, as at least 2 relevantly qualified and experienced people have replied to this thread, contradicting you.....
Phatboy ( or is that fathead) what on earth or you going on about, the fact is the OP stated what he stated, whether that be incorrect or not, as for my qualifications, to begin with, an understanding of the english language, comprehension and grammar followed by a BSc in civil engineering and MICE and C Eng ( the latter qualifications having no bearing whatsoever on the issue being discussed but I think understanding that may be outside your pay scale??)

Sponsored Links
RSJs haven't been made for many years. As Ronny says, suppliers use the term because it's what people recognise, nothing more. I even saw an advert the other day for 'timber' RSJs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back