Run a socket from an FCU?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have an FCU run from a double socket which powers my 13a built in oven which is only actually 11a at full load, not taking into account any diversity.

My question is, can I run a single 3 pin socket from this FCU to supply my 800w microwave? I understand that the amperage would be 15a at full load but that would never happen.

So is it ok to run a socket from an FCU?

Thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
Probably OK even if both were on at the same time, as I would expect the microwave to only be on for short periods.
Do you know if the FCU is spurred or it is part of the ring final (or if it is a ring final?)

Probably OK even if both were on at the same time, as I would expect the microwave to only be on for short periods.
Do you know if the FCU is spurred or it is part of the ring final (or if it is a ring final?)

Thanks for your reply :)

The FCU is spurred from a 13a double socket. I obviously wouldn't use the sockets at the same time as using the oven and microwave. Well, not for any significant time anyway. I want to keep the sockets free for low amperage items such as chargers and whisks...

I was thinking maybe it would be safer to just run another FCU from the current FCU. That way both would be fused???

Thanks again

Matt

Thanks for your reply :)
You are welcome
The FCU is spurred from a 13a double socket.
But from what type of circuit and how is the FCU configured with regards to keeping the integrity of the circuit?
I obviously wouldn't use the sockets at the same time as using the oven and microwave.
You say that but!
Well, not for any significant time anyway.
Ah already tempted!
I want to keep the sockets free for low amperage items such as chargers and whisks...
So you are happy to load them high then?
I was thinking maybe it would be safer to just run another FCU from the current FCU. That way both would be fused???
The regulations may not allow that though!

Sponsored Links
Indeed, you could possibly double the 800W for a more realistic value of consumption and there will also be an inrush on start up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back