Running a cable around a corner

I believe the top down view and the photo agree exactly, assuming the worktop to the right does run along the 3rd wall (the wall with the window)
Maybe, but that 'third wall' is irrelevant, since the sockets in question are on the 'first wall' and the 'second wall' (which intersect at a single corner).

I continue to be amazed that people are still arguing about this :)

Sponsored Links
Maybe, but that 'third wall' is irrelevant, since the sockets in question are on the 'first wall' and the 'second wall' (which intersect at a single corner).
I didn't say anything other than the photo confirms the accuracy of the top down view, albeit with making an assumption. I don't see how you interpreted it to be anything different.

I'm amazed that you have stated the 2 images don't tally when they clearly DO.

I didn't say anything other than the photo confirms the accuracy of the top down view, albeit with making an assumption. I don't see how you interpreted it to be anything different.
The top-down diagram is presumably only 'accurate' if there are cupboards above that worktop (across the window)? It's not totally clear from the photo where the boiler is, but I presume it's in the cupboard above the 'red' socket'?

As I keep saying, what IS crystal clear from that top-down diagram (presented in post #1) is that the two sockets are on walls which intersect at a single corner (with no 'third wall') between them - which is why I don't understand all the argument.
I'm amazed that you have stated the 2 images don't tally when they clearly DO.
The two diagrams? The second one is clearly not a true 'front elevation', since it has been 'folded out to make it look as if the walls with the two sockets are in the same plane, whereas they are actually at right angles - but, if one accepts that, it again confirms (as in the top-down view) that there is no 'third wall' between the sockets..

It remains the case that ....

The top-down diagram is presumably only 'accurate' if there are cupboards above that worktop (across the window)? It's not totally clear from the photo where the boiler is, but I presume it's in the cupboard above the 'red' socket'?
What it totally clear from the photo is the presence of 2 worktops, and no wall cupboards to the left. (Yes relevant)
As I keep saying, (For at least the 11th time - Sunray) what IS crystal clear from that top-down diagram (presented in post #1) is that the two sockets are on walls which intersect at a single corner (with no 'third wall') between them - which is why I don't understand all the argument.

The two diagrams? The second one is clearly not a true 'front elevation',
I didn't mention the front elevation:
I believe the top down view and the photo agree exactly, assuming the worktop to the right does run along the 3rd wall (the wall with the window)
since it has been 'folded out to make it look as if the walls with the two sockets are in the same plane, whereas they are actually at right angles - but, if one accepts that, it again confirms (as in the top-down view) that there is no 'third wall' between the sockets..

It remains the case that ....
At this stage I think it's only you aguing anything.

Sponsored Links
What it totally clear from the photo is the presence of 2 worktops, ...
True, but so what?
... and no wall cupboards to the left. (Yes relevant)
To the left of what, and why 'relevant'?
I didn't mention the front elevation:
Fair enough - so what were the 'two images' you were talking about?
At this stage I think it's only you aguing anything.
Ever since my initial post (#2), all of the countless messages I've posted (this one will be #50) have been in response to people arguing about the fact that what I said in that post may not have been correct (although it transpires that it was correct).

True, but so what?
Just pointing out your observations and subsequent comments don't relate to the diagrams
To the left of what, and why 'relevant'?
The left part of the drawing and relevant to your comments about cupboards above worktops and lack of interpreting the drawing
Fair enough - so what were the 'two images' you were talking about?
just incase you don't understand my comments, a reminder from post#49 or to put is another way; the post you responded to.
1715798501692.png

Ever since my initial post (#2), all of the countless messages I've posted (this one will be #50) have been in response to people arguing about the fact that what I said in that post may not have been correct (although it transpires that it was correct). (>12 Sunray)
Without going back over the whole thread to double check, my feeling is until the last few posts; posters had been 'arguing' more about the understanding of the situation than your, or anybody elses, righteousness.

So how about stopping this nonsense?

Without going back over the whole thread to double check, my feeling is until the last few posts; posters had been 'arguing' more about the understanding of the situation than your, or anybody elses, righteousness.
Everyone has being going on and on about the possibility that the situation was initially being misunderstood because of a lack of clarity in the OP's diagrams (a lack of relevant clarity I do not personally see, particularly in the 'top-down' diagram), even long after the OP presented us with a photo (in post #23 of 51) which confirmed that there had not been any 'initial misunderstanding'
So how about stopping this nonsense?
Your behaviour has convinced me that such is the appropriate course. I have no desire to remain involved in this 'ruined thread'.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back