Ryobi mis-selling this item?

Seasoned tool buyers spot these things but joe public is easily misled. Witness the much more prominent wording given to the lack of a battery in both words and pictures when a bare tool is being sold nowadays compared to a few years ago.

But, as said, the product description and cross reference to the manufacturing number do make clear the limitations of what is being sold, the pictures are therefore only an illustration, an advert almost.

Might be worth contacting the ASA if you feel that strongly about it........

Blup

Sponsored Links
I got a reply from Ryobi , and they pointed out the 90 was for illustration purposes etc etc and , to be honest, if they hadn't replied with a human being writing the email, I might have wanted to take it further - they even apologised for taking a while to get back to me, and that good enough for me. Case closed

And the learning points are ........
Advertisers are devious buggers and want to mislead the average punter half-wit who doesn't read the full description , but who just looks at a few pics at a glance and is old enough to know better:D

Sponsored Links
Advertisers are devious buggers and want to mislead the average punter half-wit who doesn't read the full description , but who just looks at a few pics at a glance and is old enough to know better:D
To be fair to the seller the first thing they would say would be READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FULLY.
You decided to buy the tool without bothering to read the box so if you tried to take it further you would be wasting your time

i think i would have angle for a voucher towards the cost off buying the aforementioned angle head and be happy with any offer but would expect a tenner as 5 would seem mean from their point of view ;)

Back