Ryobi powertools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After never owning a ryobi tool, does any one have any good or bad reports of them.

Are they pro tools or DIY?

Sponsored Links
I have been using them for years at work. i would say they are Pro-Diy's tools. the Lithium-ion battery are great.

Paul

As Pukka states Ryobi Lithium Powered tools are a different beast to the Ni-Cam battery versions and I have used them for a good 5 years with little complaint. Nowadays, as these manufactures always do, I think Ryobi power tools are not as good or as strong as they were, in fact AEG tools are now the professional version of Ryobi although they cost a good few quid more. It depends on your choice as to what you are doing with them, solid all day stuff or the occassonal usage, if the latter then Ryobi Ni-Cam will be be fine, heavier stuff then definately Lithium.

my thought on ryobi are well know
"i rate ryobi as diy or light to medium trade"
do search and see what comes up

Sponsored Links
I've had a Ryobi battery drill for years - never let me down no matter what I used it for (including using a socket on 13mm coach bolts).

If a pro uses a DIY tool, does that make the tool a pro tool or the pro a DIYer?

All my Ryobi tools work, and I think that is what matters

I bought a Ryobi Drill and the chuck was wobbly as chuff, so I sent it back.

Replaced it with a Dewalt and the gearbox detroyed itself after 3 months,

Replaced that with a Makita Li-Ion and it was underpowered

Bought a Hilti

i've got plenty of ryobi one+ and i'd say they're very good but not on a par with my makita, dewalt or metabo stuff. as for sds my dewalt is good but isn't a patch on the hilti i borrowed, now that's a beast!!

not for trade but i do recommend ryobi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back