Ryobi tools

Sponsored Links
Decent quality tools, at a decent price.
By no means top of the range, but a great occasional use tool. the main let down is the rating of some of the batteries, just depends on what kit/set you buy.

i would rate the the ryobi as up to semi pro on a budget
i have the 18v five piece set as my secondary back up set

the only real complaint [appart from the ah point h m made wich is ok ]

is the jigsaw crabs [cuts at an angle]

i would recomend their gear as i say diy light trade maybe better
drills cant fault them so assume ra drill ok
although i got this one recently my self but i chose dewalt because it was naked and matched my primery kit
http://www.powertoolsuk.co.uk/webcat/details.asp?ProductCode=DW960N&ID=1376

i've got the ryobi angle drill. great for drilling through joists. powers a 25mm flat bit no probs. paid less than screwfix price and got a 'normal' drill, 2 batteries and 1hr charger aswell in a kit from local tool shop.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies and the link, I have just spotted the dewalt angle drill with 2 batteries and charger, having 2nd thoughts now.

the usual dewalt ra drivers with batteries are the the 12 and 14.4v models

i like the 18v because you have the biggest range avalable to mix and match ;)

Ive used a few ryobi power tools and like the others find em good value for money.

Whatever you buy, try and stick to a branded make...avoid these moody ones that turn up in argos for a season of years then dissapear without trace.

Talking of screwfix....i once bought a cordless power drill from them for 17 quid (yeh I know!!)

The drill made holes in things as promised....well anything with less density than a grape.....but the battery was sh*te and barely held a charge....

So ended my relationship with bargain price power tools....

You spot em a mile away they all seem to have words like 'turbo' 'extreme' or 'max' on them!

Ya gets whats ya pays for.

Zampa said:
You spot em a mile away they all seem to have words like 'turbo' 'extreme' or 'max' on them!

you are spot on there, i wonder if they are all made in the same factory, which just keeps re-branding when all the returns start to build up?

in fact come to think of it, i wonder if all the returns are re-cycled into the next load of dodgy tools.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back