Sabre Boiler Producing High Carbon-Monoxide Readings

What were you saying about reading people's posts properly?

I correctly read the "report" but it was not stated who had written it.

Many posting on this forum have not been on a technical report writing course!

Sponsored Links
++
Because none of these posts are being made clearly by the OP, its very difficult for anyone reading this to know who did what and who wrote what.

Parky, was that "report" by the Vokera engineer or your engineer?

The report was by the Vokera engineer. I do apologise for confusing everyone.

Sponsored Links
Now Dan is being confusing.

If the CO in the flue of the boiler is out of tolerance then it is a fault and it is dangerous and needs boiler turning off or fixing.

So readjusting is a simple job and would be a "repair".

But the unknown is why your own engineer did not want to adjust it to correct the fault.

It also seems the room CO alarm had gone off and probably as a result of unventilated cooking if in a kitchen. Or the alarm is just old and needs replacing.

Tony

OP: what is your original engineer charging you? Have you paid him? Ask him why he shut the boiler down? How did he get these readings? Is his analyser working properly? When was it last calibrated?

As the Vok engineer seems to say on his report that it was readjusted then it seems to be very likely that it was out of adjustment.

So the first engineer needs to be asked why he did not adjust the CO to bring it within the spec for safe working.

If the Vok engineer was really only there for 6 minutes then perhaps there is a kind of argument that it was not a significant fault and perhaps only a simple adjustment and that only £129 was justified.

Trust me, I am angry with my engineer. Why on earth did he shut the boiler down. I just don't understand how he can say he had high readings yet the Vokera engineer said absolutely nothing wrong with boiler.

if your original engineer used his analyser i wonder why he didn't adjust the boiler while he was doing it , because he didn't know how too ;):LOL:

just pay vokera and just think vokera has probably saved you money in the end from either a new boiler ( suggested ) or repairs from your original engineer

How many times does it have to be said, it does not matter how the boiler was burning or how it was set up or what needs adjusting it should never set off a CO monitor it is a room sealed appliance , the CO monitor is there as a last line of defence not to tell you how efficiently the boiler is burning

The alarm is three years old, likely badly positioned and cannot be relied upon... That's a given and probably was the reason for the callout in the first place! BUT... Why did the first call engineer detect issues with the CO??? I smell a rat and so did his analyser!!!

The alarm is three years old, likely badly positioned and cannot be relied upon... That's a given and probably was the reason for the callout in the first place! BUT... Why did the first call engineer detect issues with the CO??? I smell a rat and so did his analyser!!!

A few reasons,

1/ kitchen area, unventilated and a build up of CO during cooking.

2/ none calibrated FGA

3/ chancer that wants to sell a new boiler as he's light of work.

4/ FGA was on a high CO job previous and either not purged or CO cell is now screwed.

Jon

Why did the first call engineer detect issues with the CO??? I smell a rat and so did his analyser!!!
probably because all he did was shove his analyser in flue and didn't know how to adjust boiler to bring within range ( or not calibrated )

We are on page 6.

Tony, you question why the engineer did not adjust the CO; how would you adjust the CO on this boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back