Saga cruises

That is why the emphasis ought to be on reducing the virus by the proven methods, that of social distancing, masks, lockdowns, etc.

LOckdowns are at massive cost to the nation, no nation can afford an endless lockdown and the social distancing seems to causing mental issues to many. There are reports of suicides.

I doubt I would suffer mental issues if I lived alone and without contact, but I know I would find it hard - humans are a very social animal.

Sponsored Links
That is because more people are shopping online, rather than run the risk of shopping inside of shops.

Find a 12 year, old they will explain it to you.

Are you Sooey in disguise.

a 12 year old would certainly be more aware of what's going on than you seem to be. Are people shopping online at Wetherspoons and Greene King? Lockdowns conveniently benefit the Tories friends in big business at the expense of small and medium businesses.

LOckdowns are at massive cost to the nation, no nation can afford an endless lockdown and the social distancing seems to causing mental issues to many. There are reports of suicides.

I doubt I would suffer mental issues if I lived alone and without contact, but I know I would find it hard - humans are a very social animal.
I have commented previously that a severe short term lockdown is less economically and mentally damaging than a trickle of partial lockdowns.
I also think that the government is unwise to suggest that any restrictions are for a few days, or a few weeks. It has been going on like this for nearly 12 months.

a 12 year old would certainly be more aware of what's going on than you seem to be. Are people shopping online at Wetherspoons and Greene King? Lockdowns conveniently benefit the Tories friends in big business at the expense of small and medium businesses.

Oh look, more Asda vans, I wonder why..........:confused::confused:

Sponsored Links
Lockdowns conveniently benefit the Tories friends in big business at the expense of small and medium businesses.
That's an interesting theory, care to elucidate?
On the contrary, it could be argued that that is why severe lockdowns have been avoided, and only partial, temporary lockdowns have been the order of the day.

That's an interesting theory, care to elucidate?
On the contrary, it could be argued that that is why severe lockdowns have been avoided, and only partial, temporary lockdowns have been the order of the day.

Not really a groundbreaking revelation, Him. It's well known that the government are pro big business. Many in government have strong links to big businesses. They used to promote small business ownership when they were still conservative. Big businesses are better placed and financed to weather the Covid lockdowns, etc and will use their muscle to acquire small businesses and their assets that are struggling.

Last edited:
Not really a groundbreaking revelation, Him. It's well known that the government are pro big business.
OK
Many in government have strong links to big businesses.
OK
They used to promote small business ownership when they were still conservative.
OK
Big businesses are better placed and financed to wether the Covid lockdowns, etc
OK'ish
and will use their muscle to acquire small businesses and their assets that are struggling.
Hmmmm!
I suspect there is an argument there somewhere, but I CBA to find it. Other more important stuff to do.

Yes..doing wonders for Airlines I noticed.And Package Holidays Companies.And Hotel chains.....

and many retailers, such as Debenhams, Arcadia Group, Bensons Beds, Harveys Furniture, Go Outdoors, Oak Furniture Land, Monsoon, Laura Ashley - 176,000 retail jobs lost in 2020

Steel, haulage, ferries all suffering too - might force us to fire up the old steel works again!

Plus oil prices have fallen, Rolls Royce cut jobs and McLaren planning to cut 1/4 workers.

The list of companies struggling, or already failed, is longer than the list of companies doing well out of it.

Big hotel chains will be ok, some are picking up some lucrative contracts to house economic migrants.

Here we go again!

OK, the UK has approximately 840,000 hotel rooms, most of which are use by British and foreign holiday makers. Are you really suggesting that the government is housing 840,000 "economic migrants"?

Is this based on that video of a Far Right group harassing some migrants in a hotel that was on YouTube last year?

Premier Inn, the country's largest chains, announced job cuts just last week. They aren't doing too well...

Holiday Inn, the country's third largest chain, has cut jobs due to losses. They aren't doing too well either ...

What large chains are doing well Regan?

Here we go again!

OK, the UK has approximately 840,000 hotel rooms, most of which are use by British and foreign holiday makers. Are you really suggesting that the government is housing 840,000 "economic migrants"?

Is this based on that video of a Far Right group harassing some migrants in a hotel that was on YouTube last year?

Premier Inn, the country's largest chains, announced job cuts just last week. They aren't doing too well...

Holiday Inn, the country's third largest chain, has cut jobs due to losses. They aren't doing too well either ...

What large chains are doing well Regan?

Big hotel chains will be ok, some are picking up some lucrative contracts to house economic migrants.

Holiday Inn for one.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...migrant-hotels-channel-crossing-a9687811.html

Only 4000 rooms up to last summer, so not exactly nothing as you lefties pretend. How much does that all cost us for economic migrants desperate to flee the oppressive French? As I'm undoubtably paying for all these spongers in some small way to pitch up here expecting a free ride, I'm entitled to comment on it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...0-hotel-rooms-to-cope-with-migrants-k0tz6pcxs

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back