Salamander CT 50 wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pump has 3 wires coming from it, brown (single phase line), blue (neutral), yellow/green bi colour (protective earth), can i simply install a plug to the end of the wire with a 13a fuse and plug it into a socket? or do i have to fit isolator and wire it to the mains? Its going to be installed under my bath, so the wire would be fed to the mains in the loft. I hope its the easy plug option lol. cheers

Sponsored Links
Yeah its going under the bath which is waterproof underthere and i will ensure that there is a circuit breaker rcd on the plug. wherever you put a pump surely it has to be near water anyway so im not worried. Cheers for the advice

Sponsored Links
The pump needs to be next to the cylinder, as the water is 'pushed' by putting the pump under the bath the water is being 'pulled'. Read the instructions it will say the same thing.

Andy

Best position perhaps but as long as the head of water is sufficient I don't think it matters.

Indeed, with appropriate plumbing the pump can be above the cylinder.

13A fuse is probably too large. Check the installation instructions, but you'll likely need to swap the 13A for a 3A

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back