Salus rt300 rf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Salus RT300 RF, with the thermostat fitted downstairs and the remote receiver hard wired into the boiler. It's been running perfectly for a couple of years. Last week I had to replace the battery in the thermostat.

Since then the receiver has not worked. The red light on the receiver, which indicates that it is getting power, is not coming on and the boiler is not starting up to provide heat. The hot water works fine, so there is not reason why power should not be going to the receiver.

I do not think that it is a coincidence that the battery and the receiver both stopped at the same time. I've reset the thermostat.

Because of the cold weather recently the heating has been on continuously.
Could the receiver have blown because of this?
Any other suggestions?
Or am I going to have to replace the both the units?

Any help appreciated.

thks
Kev
[/wiki]

Sponsored Links
It doesn't sound good I'm afraid...

1. Is the power to the boiler on?
2. Is the switch under the cover on the receiver on?
3. Is power actually getting to the receiver?

If you answer yes to the above then the receiver has had it...

Unfortunately they have changed the RF carrier frequency on the newer model so you cannot get just the receiver,,, you'll have to get a complete kit... (they only cost £35ish)

1. yes - it's a combi boiler and the hot water works fine.
2. yes
3. how do i do that?

only if electrically competent......

gain access to terminals on reciever, using multimeter check for 240 vac across L and N

240 present with no red light....receiver fooked

no 240 at receiver check wiring from combi

Sponsored Links
Hi I have a salus 300rf stat and i pressed the reset button thinking that might jumpstart it to start communicating with the reciver. Now the unit is not coming on at all. Can anybody help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back