Saniflo toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another question...

I have asked a plumber whether I can install a toilet in a room where there is no easy access to a soil pipe so he has suggested a saniflo type toilet. What are opinions of the plumbing cognoscenti?

Sponsored Links
dunno about "plumbing cognoscenti" but i fitted/replaced one in a restaurant and its fine..makes a small noise as the motor mashes/threads everything) but works fine

just dont have the kids throwing stuff down it as it may knacker it !

Sponsored Links
Snowsride said:
What are opinions of the plumbing cognoscenti?

Slap him round the head and say "No! Bad plumber! Bad!" repeatedly. Saniflo pumps are unreliable, they smell, and anything such as tampons jams them (no pun intended :eek: ). You can't guarantee that no-one will ever try to flush such items.

It may be more expensive to get a "proper" soil connection, however you will save money and agro in the long-run, and it is a lot more pleasant to just flush rather than flush and hear teeth munching on your poo (unless your tastes in adult entertainment are somewhat German). Plus Saniflo-equipped toilets usually smell bad.

worked on and installed quite a few saniflo's in letting rooms, never had a smelly one yet but they are noisy and can get damaged if they are misused.

taydo said:
and can get damaged if they are misused.

Which according to Saniflo seems to include using the toilet for anything more substantial than a wee. :LOL:

I had a Saniflow in my previous house - big problem happened one winter when the soil outlet pipe the mascarated 'stuff' goes down became frozen hence burning out the mascerator motor leaving me with a v. unpleasant 'brown soup' in my lav and a big bill from an emergency plumber. If you get one installed make sure that the outlet pipe is well supported to prevent water collecting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back