Scantronic 9100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had this system installed about 20 years ago,with a remote keypad, the system works fine inside the house at present,some time ago the strobe overheated (got damp) and blew a fast blow fuse,at the time this fuse blowing also unpowered the keyboard so I pulled a wire off in the main board that stopped the outside alarm. Can't for the life of me remember where it goes now!!I have fitted a new strobe in the outside box ,the 5year battery is still ok but if it all works I will replace. I have all the paperwork ,engineer code, diagrams ,installation book etc, Do we have on board someone who has experience of this installation ? I can send a foto of the board (mobile phone) and terminals where I think the wire was moved. I can get into it all but my old brain just refuses to work now .I have test equipment from when I used to do just about anything.

Sponsored Links
Wire for strobe or bell ? The 9100 strobe is a relay so it's a wire from aux to relay and back out to strobe it also has a bell relay but most people use the bell trig. Post a picture of pcb.

Hi Sparky,i think it was a wire for the bell,but seem to remember that the bell box battery/cap took ages to die,so maybe did not get the right one!!. I have to take down a DT420 sensor to decorate ,how to disable the internal sounder?.

Sponsored Links
Put it in engineers mode and it will ignore the tampers. You could take the PIR off the wall but leave it connected or you can disconnect all the wires and just leave the cable hanging out. If you do the latter, remember to insulate or isolate the Aux 12V supply.

Leave the panel in engineers mode until the paint has dried and you've put the PIR back. Then it's 99<ENTER> and you're ready to go!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back