Scantronic 9800 Alarm Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I am new here and I did try searching but didnt find what I needed.
We currently have a Scantronic 9800 alarm fitted in the house.
It needs a new battery and the zones reconfiguring on it as we had to dissconect it from the mains.

It currently have an error of rt and the red fault LED is showing.

We have contacted the company that fitted the alarm they want

£110 + VAT years contract (includes 3 call outs)
£36 + VAT for a new battery.
I think we can get it for cheaper here: http://www.sdfirealarms.co.uk/shop/powersonic12v7ah-p-178.html

My point is that for the same amount of money it looks like you can get a new better alarm. The main fuction I want is it to phone or txt me that it is going off I dont think the 9800 can do this.

I am thinking of getting the 'YALE home Premium alarm system HSA6400' is this a good alarm? I also run a pc repair business from home so dont mind spending a bit extra for a very good alarm.

Thanks in Advance

P.S We have an wireless internet network in the house is it possible to get an alarm that sends notifications over IP?
Paul [/url]

Sponsored Links
It would be complete madness to replace a perfectly good hard wired alarm with a wireless system.

Any alarm can be connected to a stand alone auto dialler to signal an alarm condition to your phone.

The battery in your link is not a make I recognise. You can buy a Yuasa branded battery here for less than a pound more.

You do not have to sign upto a service contract just to have a bit of work done to your alarm.

Perhaps you could try a different local company?

Are you familiar with alarm wiring?

All you need is a 12V DC supply and a +12V trigger

Sponsored Links
I would highly recommend the Texecom PSD001 Speech and Text Dialler.

If you want comms over IP, you'll get better integration with a panel designed to be used with IP. There are many available, but I have experience with the Texecom Premier panels with the ComIP and can highly recommend it. If you're any good with programming, Texecom will release the source code for you to develop your own software on the ComIP.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back