Schneider Electric SEA9AN18 Acti9 Isobar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have any experience with Schneider Isobar Consumer Units?

Do they come in High Integrity option? Looking for Dual RCD setup.

Found a few documents, but struggling to be sure.

Acti9 Isobar Multi service distribution boards busbar rating 125amp
Acti9 Isobar Split load distribution boards busbar rating 125amp

Cheers

Sponsored Links
They do a dual rcd cu, they have these in the electric centre catalogue. The new Schneider domestic range is called easy9. Don't forget if its for a domestic property they need to be a fire retardant material, ie metal or enclosed in a fire retardant box to conform with new regs

They actually have to be "non-combustible" - no one knows what that is so everyone has plumped for steel because it is mentioned once in the regulation.

Thanks guys, whats the difference between the Acti9 and Easy9

I have a price for a SEA9AN1432MS and SEA9AN510SL both reasonable.

I have a large domestic property for this.

Sponsored Links
Those would both appear to be acti 9 type A boards

SEA9AN1432MS seems to be a 2 tier unit, 16 module spaces per tier. The bottom is set up as a 14 way board (main switch takes 2) and the top 16 module spaces are just empty space for installing contactors, time clocks and other DIN rail devices.

SEA9AN510SL is a single RCD split load unit (16th edition board... if you like) with 5 ways on the non rcd side and 10 on the RCD side

see: docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/1283/0900766b812837d2.pdf

They are both quite different, and it is unlikely either would be suitable for the purposes you want it for. Are you aware that with a type A board, rather than a domestic consumer unit, that the main switch (and any RCDs) has to be ordered separatly?

Edit. In answer to the question, as far as I can make out as the ranges got re-branded a few years ago.

Acti9 is the newer version of what used to be the multi9 commerial/industrial merlin range with the sliding busbar tabs.

Now the rest I am a little hazy on.

iKQ seems to be what used to be the old Square D KQ commerial/industrial range with the plug on breakers

Easy9 is a domestic range seems to be what used to be square D domae range with the traditional busbar you screw breakers down onto

Resi9 is the domestic range, with plug on breakers which I think used to be square D quickline II

Last edited:
Thanks, I am aware about ordering separate no problems.

Will have a look at the Easy9 also.

Maybe I will be better with 2 units. One large Split Load for the main house, then Sub Main to Bothey

Will look further into this.

Something like the EZ9S2R7R7DCU

Cheers

Yes i meant non combustible, this includes everything from the cover down to the hinges and screws.
easy 9 & resi 9 are designed mainly for domestic use and i believe have a 6kA breaking capacity.
Where as the acti 9 and IKQ are more commercial and have a 10kA breaking capacity and will fit in the 3phase DB's
Having said that there would be nothing wrong with using easy 9 in a commercial environment as long as the fault current is within range

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back